Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 K&N Clamp on for Qlink xp200? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello to all,

I recently bought a 2009 qlink xp 200 and purchased a slip on fmf pipe, clamp on K&N jets, and a 16t sprocket. From what I have read since purchasing the items which i had shipped to my home in South Carolina (me and the bike are currently in Miami, Fl) changing the stock filter/airbox to the K&N is not good for the bike. I was told by JP motorsports that the K&N clamp on would improve the bikes performance. Is there any truth to this? He also sold me the jets that they combine with the filter and now Im wondering if I do not install the K&N filter will the jets work to the bikes benefit or not? When I return home I will find out what size jets he sent but in the mean time can anyone give me any advice?

Thank You in advance,

Marco

2. #2 Re: K&N Clamp on for Qlink xp200? 
    Welcome Marco. There are a lot of information here and at www.chinariders.com about these bikes. I have the XF200 going on three years now and am still happy with my purchase. I've read often about replacing the air filter. Some have but it involves a lot of work. If you take a look at how the carb is installed you will see that it is supported on both sides. It is held by a manifold bolted to the engine and clamped to the airbox. If you elliminate the airbox the rear of the carb will be unsupported. The front manifold will tear with the combined weight of the carb and the new filter. The rear of the carb will have to be supported with some sort of bracket. Is it worth it? IMHO, no. You gain the most from jet, pipe and sprocket changes. Some change the front sprocket to 16T and are happy, Most (as I) have gone the 16T/44T route. It all depends how and where you will be riding. If it's street, change the jets, pipe, and sprockets, if its trail, leave the sprockets alone and change the pipe and jets.;
    Last edited by david3921; 02-22-2012 at 04:09 AM.

3. #3 Re: K&N Clamp on for Qlink xp200? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks David. I was not aware of a bracket needing to be fabbed but that's not too much of an issue as long as it won't hurt the motor or performance. Im in maintenance and have access to "stuff" to make into other stuff lol. Definitely riding street though so I'm going to tryand find a 44t sprocket but I do have the XP so I don't know if that will be too much.

4. #4 Re: K&N Clamp on for Qlink xp200? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey David where did u get the 45t from?

5. #5 Re: K&N Clamp on for Qlink xp200? 
    I actually have a 44T. I edited my post to correct this. Here's where I found the info on the sprockets;
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...light=sprocket

I posted this @ #13;
    Dennis Kirk has the 44T rear sprocket for the Qlink XF200. The part number is 818344S. I got it for about $24 delivered.

I checked that part number at DK and it says that it is no longer available. I seem to remember that JT Sprockets also had the correct one. Do a search for either or check through the above post.