Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello! Newb to china bikes here 
    Hello everyone. I love riding dirtbikes and recently though that I would look into getting a dual sport or supermoto for my short commute to work on the warmer days. So I started looking and came across the china bikes. Being in dirtbikes, I am very familiar with Jap bikes and I did not think much of the china bikes but the more I started looking at reviews, for the money they didn't sound very bad. In fact I think they might be perfect for me.

So I began searching which led me here and I need help. I've found a couple used bikes that I like mainly the xf200 but also a LF200GY-5 and a united motors ds but I am not sure quality wise what would be the best bike for the money. They are all in the $1000-1500 price range used.

2. #2 Re: Hello! Newb to china bikes here 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by cootees View Post
    Hello everyone. I love riding dirtbikes and recently though that I would look into getting a dual sport or supermoto for my short commute to work on the warmer days. So I started looking and came across the china bikes. Being in dirtbikes, I am very familiar with Jap bikes and I did not think much of the china bikes but the more I started looking at reviews, for the money they didn't sound very bad. In fact I think they might be perfect for me.

So I began searching which led me here and I need help. I've found a couple used bikes that I like mainly the xf200 but also a LF200GY-5 and a united motors ds but I am not sure quality wise what would be the best bike for the money. They are all in the $1000-1500 price range used.
    Welcome to MCM, cootees, and glad to have you aboard. Spend a bit of time browsing through the various threads in here and you'll start to get a feeling for the various bikes. Then feel free to start asking questions. Take your time; there are tons and tons of bikes out there in craigslistland, so no need to rush.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)