Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: JONWAY

1. #1 JONWAY 

Jonway may be offering these in China? They seem to have the same water cooled 320cc as the Regal Raptures.

2. #2 Re: JONWAY 

3. #3 Re: JONWAY 
    I wonder if they manufacture that engine themselves.

4. #4 Re: JONWAY 
    The Jonway really is a shameless copy of the BMW F650CS

But they are obviously not the same motorcycles.

5. #5 Re: JONWAY 
    Jonway is still advertising it 250 and 350cc motorcycles...I wonder if they are selling them?
    They are on their Chinese website and also on Alibaba.

6. #6 Re: JONWAY 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    probably like many things in China, fake. The ability with photoshop is truly amazing, I'll give 'em that. No one has seen one. I have a mate that has called a number of companies about motorcycles made in China, offered via taobao and alibaba. He speaks perfect Mandarin, so I know for sure there's no chance of some misunderstanding. He has like I said spoken to several manufacturers to arrange viewing or various motorcycles, and has then travelled by car (his SUV) and travelled great distances to meet these manufacturers and on nearly every occasion he has found that a). the bikes claimed to be made and sold do not exist, or, b). are piles junk, poorly thought out, or just bad manufacturing (he's in metal fabrication and welding himself so he knows a thing or two), or just blatant copies. On the odd occasion, he has found that something advertised via the likes of these manufacturers might exist, but are unable to be sold inside the mainland as the company doesn't have the right legal certificates to do so.

"everything in China is just for looking BeAware the smoke and mirrors for nothing is as it seems" my quote.

7. #7 Re: JONWAY 
    Well... Believe it or not, I saw in flesh one of these Scarver-wannabies few years ago in Belgrade's "Moto passion" show. In Serbia, they sold by two companies - B&T ( http://www.motoprogram.com/novi_motocikli.html ) and "Orion" ( http://www.orion-kg.com/english/motor_cruiser.html ).

IMO, bike has the potential to be interesting, but if it is sold as a kit - manufacturer's/importer's assembly is criminally bad. Plus, there are many annoying details (for the most part - cosmetic), but they are, more or less, easy to fix.

It seems that this bikes are stealth, because guys from BJBikers, our local Serbian motorcycle forum, noticed them only twice - one appeared in ads, and the second one has been blown off the road (in the sense - the other one was faster) by a guy with his SM Apollo AGB-36.
    Last edited by Zorge; 07-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #8 Re: JONWAY 
    There is no question that the bike exists, just a question of the water cooled versions of it.

Jonway is part of this company….http://www.shenkemotor.com

They were at one time offered and are currently selling much less through Roketa in the USA.
    It does not take much looking on that website to see Shenke products, that were much more prevalent at one time in the offerings, but Roketa is nothing more then an importer wholesaler. The name is synonymous with Chinese crap, they seek out the cheapest and sell them to others that resell them primarily online.

http://www.roketa.com/index.shtml

The DB models of dual sports are Shenke. You can be sure that allot of the cheap scooters you see online selling for peanuts also come from this company.

I do not know what to write other then part of the industry being screwed up is not addressing that their screwed up?
    Last edited by MJH; 01-28-2016 at 11:28 AM.

9. #9 Re: JONWAY 
    If they do not have in-house production of these Rebel-clones, nothing stops them to buy at least one batch of "Regal Raptors" LC motors.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

10. #10 Re: JONWAY