Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    We have people on this site from all around the world.People from different countries have a different take on humor and sarcasm.Most Americans can not understand my Aussie humor until they get to know me.

I hope a certain someone didn't get offended by this. Reminds me of Aussie humor.Bit like the chasers humor.
    Love this kind of humor.

Guess he will be ok with it.
    If you want to make such a tour, you need a much thicker skin then needed to survive Inspector Clouseau....

2. #12 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    Hahahha!! This car seams to be made to go straight!! lol and the rear tire is a supper low profile tire, tubeless and puncher proof!!!

3. #13 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    good one! ;-)

4. #14 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    What a talent!!!
    VFR1200F

5. #15 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    Viva la France! Inspector Clouseau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deom2i View Post
    Hahahha!! This car seams to be made to go straight!!
    To all of you who don't believe:

I've put 20K km on my car in 1y, how many of you here can say the same thing?... OK, Barry can, but he is from Pays Bas...
    I've been to many places, though highways and normal road, did you try to understand why?... Cause I got lost....
    I've always done (except huangshan) everything alone, why?... Cause Kato did not show up yet...
    Let's be clear, you don't know me and i don't know you so?... But I know yur dug .....

Maybe I've been too fast, i love speed... I also like stunt...
    Inspector Jacques Clouseau:
    -Kurosawa!
    -I don't know something about machinery, I know everything about machinery...
    -A Woman is like an artichoke, you must work hard to get to her heart.

6. #16 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    2 Days to departure …

Oh, Mon Dieu, I am excited … Almost ready for the big adventure …

First of all, my car is ready.
    My mechanic cleaned out the engine with dish washer, so that should run fine.

I also added an extra wooden support on each side, and I will carry 5 kg of extra fuel on it.
    This should be enough to burn the car if I am fed up with it.

Also added a support to mount my small BBQ, to signal with smoke, in case I need help.
    The BBQ is IP69, so don’t start advising it will break down …

Finally, I fitted a bar in the front, as the always helpful MCM forum advised me to be careful with camels in Russia.
    They say they are dangerous at supersonic speed, although I don’t really believe that.

Then I also prepared myself for this big adventure.
    Bought some sexy strings on the local copy market, those will protect my body in case of a crash.
    Also bought some diving gear on taobao, for those cases the water-pools on the highway will be deeper then expected.
    The seller guaranteed me it will work, so why not believe him.
    He has 1.000.000 satisfied customers in his Taobao-rating already.

So Mon Amis, count down with me, I am ready to go ….
    -Kurosawa!

7. #17 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Clouseau View Post
    2 Days to departure …

Oh, Mon Dieu, I am excited … Almost ready for the big adventure …

First of all, my car is ready.
    My mechanic cleaned out the engine with dish washer, so that should run fine.

I also added an extra wooden support on each side, and I will carry 5 kg of extra fuel on it.
    This should be enough to burn the car if I am fed up with it.

Also added a support to mount my small BBQ, to signal with smoke, in case I need help.
    The BBQ is IP69, so don’t start advising it will break down …

Finally, I fitted a bar in the front, as the always helpful MCM forum advised me to be careful with camels in Russia.
    They say they are dangerous at supersonic speed, although I don’t really believe that.

Then I also prepared myself for this big adventure.
    Bought some sexy strings on the local copy market, those will protect my body in case of a crash.
    Also bought some diving gear on taobao, for those cases the water-pools on the highway will be deeper then expected.
    The seller guaranteed me it will work, so why not believe him.
    He has 1.000.000 satisfied customers in his Taobao-rating already.

So Mon Amis, count down with me, I am ready to go ….

"2 Days to departure …", Mon Amis,I'm not ready yet,don't you remember,I promised to accompany with you,in case the "water-pools" or your crash or something god knows hurt you,I can help you...

So,in my opinion,more 8 weeks will be fine......

First of all,I will feed the piglets that will be our delicious food on the expressway,so that we can save time and money,enough?how many are you supposed to eat for a dinner?I'm not sure,cause you can ride more than 250km/h,so I think you kinda of rice bucket,so,I'm busy feeding to support you...more 8 weeks are reasonable...

Second of all,I'll do hard work to practice on the racetrack,cause you love your bike, and it's really a great one, fast, powerful, nice looking with attractive colors ,especially for It's the american full power version, 128HP, top speed 270km/h, you went up to 251km/h to test its power but you could easily have gone much faster.you bought it in early 2010 ,So far you have driven about 20000 kilometers with it, in approximately 1.5 year, I'm afraid I can't catch up with you,cause I just put 20km on it,and most of time it's on my sholder,mabye I just get started,you have alreday get Paris......so,practice on the racetrack is necessary,I will use this one to do the harsh practice,hope I can fly with you beside your shadow......maybe you should consider whether we should take this one on your unbeatable car,in case something happed to destroy your incomparable motor,backup is the key in loooooong trip......Another thing I forgot to tell you ,see the license plate,it's a special plate which registered to ride everywhere in the whole world,you needn't worry about the border problems......

Thirt of all,more things are waiting for us to do,try to find some sponsors,money or pretties are both ok,right buddy?so,after feeding,we should put more advertisements on more forums to let the world know our heroic undertaking, "SHANGHAI TO PARIS",nobody did it before,we will do it,Mon Amis...so it's another reason for more time to prepare......

The last one,I'm so disappointed,you know,lots of guys are jealous,said lots of rubbish to us,how dare they?Their cares or advices or suggestions all are like rubbish to me,they don't know me,who am I?

No sleeping night comes tonight,my heart has already flied to Paris now,I almost see all the person who are living in my hometown or the guys who admired me gathered together to celebrate our great trip,flowers,hugs,kisses,hollers,spittles......all of these fly around me now.......

Cheers!

VFR1200F

8. #18 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    1 day to departure ….

Mon Frere Lion, I feel sorry to go without you, but I have to leave, excuse moi.
    Please keep practicing on the race track.
    With some speed preactice, you might be catching in on me, seems my car is a bit slower in the test-runs then I expected.

For the rest, I am so excited for tomorrow….

As I am a friendly and polite French citizen, I think many of my friends will be there to say ‘Au Revoir’ to me.

I also expect many new friends from the MCM Motorbike forum, who also have been so kind for me in the last 6 weeks ….
    They seem to be so experienced, and I have taken all their well meant advise in my preparation for this trip.

Finally I think the Shanghai traffic police will come and wave me goodbye as well, they must be sad to see me go (who else enjoyed riding their highways in just a string, other then me..........).
    -Kurosawa!

9. #19 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Clouseau, how is your trip going? You completed 6-8k km already by now I'm guessing, did you run into any problems?

Btw, how is your string holding up?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

10. #20 Re: Shanghai to Paris and back in a Chinese sportcar 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hi Clouseau, how is your trip going? You completed 6-8k km already by now I'm guessing, did you run into any problems?

Btw, how is your string holding up?

4 days after departure …

Of Mon Ami, I am so glad that finally someone asks.
    I feel a bit sad … left last Sunday and was quietly hoping for a big departure.
    Instead there was no to wish me goodbye.

Keeping myself motivated by thinking they must have entered the wrong highway entrance.
    Tricky stuff that is, with all Police there waiting for a street-racing GSX-R recently.

II also ran a bit out of luck already. Don't know what it is, I prepared myself so well.
    I hit a pothole, just 1.500 meter after I entered the highway, tricky little bastards those are.
    Damaged one of my frontwheels.
    Luckily I could drive the whole highway backwards to the toll station, where they told me they can not let me through off the highway.

I showed them a PDF file with their traffic law, that they have to let me through, but they did not want to give in.
    So for now, I am kind of stuck on the highway, parked next to one of their toll booth.
    It only is a bit noisy from all truck honking at me, but I try to ignore it.
    -Kurosawa!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast