Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 SkyteamUSA shows the ACE 125 on its site 
    We all knew it was coming, but the ACE 125 has been added to the http://www.skyteamusa.com/Bikes.html site

I didn't think of it before, but this bike uses the vertical 125cc engine--I wonder, since it is EPA certified, would it fall within the same engine family as its 230cc engine cousin (i.e. V-Raptor, ST250) as far as certification goes.

2. #2 Re: SkyteamUSA shows the ACE 125 on its site 
    It could if its measured emissions fall within the same ranges, that as within an acceptable level of variance and it also shared the same emission control devices.

I would say the engine families are based on versions of engines basically the same engines in ranges as in displacements.

I do not know what the level of legitimacy is within the information submitted to the EPA but it certainly is not one hundred percent.

I would venture to say that emissions are or have a positive linear relation with engine displacement, bigger emits more and it is also a function of fuel consumption as well.

If two engines are say 125cc and 150cc then if the 150cc meets emissions, then the same 125cc version of it will as well. If a 125cc meets emission it does not mean a 223cc similar version will as well, that assumption would be illogical.

I watched Star Trek last night….
    Last edited by MJH; 02-16-2012 at 12:25 AM.

3. #3 Re: SkyteamUSA shows the ACE 125 on its site 
    I was mentioning this because it is time that Skyteam brought back its enduro/motard (the last bikes offered by UM in the US before they left the US), and brought us the V-raptor; heck, the ACE with a bigger engine, too. Certifying its 223cc engine would enable Skyteam to bring two of the bikes immediately (enduro/motard and V-Raptor) and some re-engineering to the chassis could allow a larger motored ACE. Skyteam has the reputation for quality worldwide (disclaimer--quality among Chinese bikes), and a good reputation in the US and Canada for its mini-bike replicas through Pitster Pro, and now on its own here in the US, so offering a wider offering should be next on its agenda.