--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,
I curently seem to be having an electrical problem with my bike, very strange. At first the starter failed, or the starter button, or the solinoid, or the battery, not sure. I noticed it killed the lights and everything. I wiggled a couple wires and the lights lit up. I pushed the starter button and this time it just clicked and everything went dead again. I played with more wires and the lights came on again, tried the starter button and it didnt make a sound, and of course eaverything went dead. So after looking at it for a few minutes I turned the key and everything came on. So then I just kick started it and rode home.The next day, I kick started it, and the engine will start and idle, but will not rev up at all. When I turn the throttle it just coughs and sputters. When I turn on the ignition with the key, the headlight takes five or ten seconds to light up but is very very dim. When I start the engine it does not get brighter like you thing it would. However, and this is the strange thing about it, when the bike is running, I can pull and hold the front brake lever and the engine will rev. This will also happen if hold the headlight flasher on. Now I have disconnected the battery completly and started it and same thing, will not rev. Now it could be two different things wrong between the starter and the engine not revving. Could be coincidence. The engine not revving sounds like an ignition problem, stater, cdi box, ignition coil, even loose plug wire, who knows.(except for the plug wire, I checked that, duhh) But after some time of checking wires for shorts or being loose, I can turn on the key and all the lights come right on and the bike kickstarts and runs just fine. But then shut off and turn the ignition back on and it does the same thing, light wont come on right away and engine will start but not rev, this has repeated itself a few times after looking for problems. Now, I am a very good mechanic when it comes to the engine. I can tear it down and rebuild it like nothing. Ive been doing this with my dirt bikes for years, two stroke, four stroke, it doesnt matter, but electrical sucks. I did read what forchetto said about the regulater, it could be that. I have a voltage meter, does anyone know if you can test the regulater with one. I would also like to know if ChinaV had any symtoms other than the battery not holding a charge
Any suggestions, thanx.