G'Day,

Lets start a new thread about motorbikes on expressways to keep the info handy for future reference.

Went to two police stations in Qingpu district this morning with a printed version of the PDF file: http://www.hdezero.com/China_Law_Motorcycle_related.pdf in hand.
Officers at both police stations told us the document might be photoshopped and they are not aware motorcycles being allowed on expressways, either they are not aware of the law - don't want to admit that motorbikes are allowed on expressways or the PDF document is a fake = TIC.
The reason we choose to visit two random police stations in Qingpu district is that quite a few expressways run through the district. To be continued.......

My earlier post on the topic about the drama trying to get onto the expressway in Shanghai:

Took the ETC unit (Electronic Toll Colletction = ETC) out of one of the cars, stuck it into the top jacket pocket and rolled up slow and polite to the gate at the HuQingPing highway entry to the G15 (direction: Ningbo / Huzhou).
Handed over the ETC card as with a car to gain access to the expressway, only blank stares and a red button mounted on the table was pushed, within a few moments three attendants were over next to me and telling me loudly with hand signals that bikes are not allowed to enter the expressway (G15). Showed them the ETC card and the blue ETC unit but they would refuse expressway entry, pointed several times to my fully legal Shanghai "A" license plate, still no go... gave up after 15 minutes.

Will print out the PDF file the French speed-biker posted here and will try again showing the the English / Chinese translation.
Might bring one of our drivers with me to videotape the whole scenario.

Side-note: I know a few expressway entries with auto ETC recognition and shall try that approach with the ETC unit in the top jacket pocket as well in the next few weeks.