Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Motorbikes / Expressways 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    the expressways according to the Chinese TV reports, have been overrun and not worth entering. Worse yet is that some of the gridlock that has ensued has resulted in some occupants vacating their vehicles in amongst the gridlock only further complicating matters. Whether that's based on conjecture or truth, or some urban legend who knows, but the helicopter footage shown on the news certainly seem to support widespread gridlock resembling huge parking lots...

2. #102 Re: Motorbikes / Expressways 
    C-Moto Senior
    Perhaps in making the toll roads totally free, perhaps a reduction to 50% would have been the right way.

But looking at some of the images, and video, makes you see just how much a very small relative saving on toll roads, brings the drivers out in the millions.

Gra.

3. #103 Re: Motorbikes / Expressways 
    Banned
    during my last BBQ yesterday was told a few Shanghai expressway / elevated road stories and even shown pics about a road block to stop two bikers, come on --- share and post up your stores here.......

4. #104 Re: Motorbikes / Expressways 
    on Monday Thomas rode the 1200GS from Beijing down south. some police men asked for visa, passport and driving license. he told me: not an easy atmosphere but also not totally unfriendly. unfortunatly close to Taizhou the bike got a problem with the gas pump and then he left the expressway after more than 1000 Km. HD Suzhou organised the "rescue" mission. great job, especially on a 1st October evening in China

5. #105 Re: Motorbikes / Expressways 
    Banned
    G'Day,

Had no problem at all to get onto expressway just an hour ago coming from Hongmei Road and continued along the Yanan elevated road to get to the Huqingping Highway, toll stations are manned but no vehicle has to stop at the gates.......
    Attached Images

6. #106 Re: Motorbikes / Expressways 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    G'Day,

Had no problem at all to get onto expressway just an hour ago coming from Hongmei Road and continued along the Yanan elevated road to get to the Huqingping Highway, toll stations are manned but no vehicle has to stop at the gates.......
    Score one for the bike-riding foreigners!
    I haven't been up on the express-ways to try my luck but the traffic on the main roads has definitely thinned a little.

7. #107 Re: > 1,000 owners of large motorcycles vowed to hit the streets on Wednesday to prot 
    did anyone go out on the gaosu? i took my car out and it was f***ing nuts. wall to wall traffic. we ended up playing badminton with fellow traffic jammers. took 10 hours to get from huizhou to zhuhai...

8. #108 Re: > 1,000 owners of large motorcycles vowed to hit the streets on Wednesday to prot 
    C-Moto Guru
    My best mate, Graham, took a coach this afternoon that should have been a 3 hour ride down the gao-su-lu..
    He saw a black Audi get slammed against the railings by another coach; the Audi driver was going extremely fast and was cutting along the hard-shoulder which narrowed at the wrong time for him.
    After they passed that little accident they were stuck into a 2 hour gridlock because of another accident where someone inverted their car on the embankment, hitting another car and somehow inverting that one too. Both cars conveniently blocked the two lanes.
    All in all, a hot, sweaty five hour journey on a less than comfortable coach + a Chinese 1998 comedy show on the coach TV; Poor Gra.

9. #109 Re: > 1,000 owners of large motorcycles vowed to hit the streets on Wednesday to prot 
    I heard there will be some trial with big bikes on motorways tomorrow, seems in cooperation with the government (not sure on that one though).
    Anyone got any more info on this one?

10. #110 Re: > 1,000 owners of large motorcycles vowed to hit the streets on Wednesday to prot 

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast