Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    There's no point arguing about this stuff guys. Rules are ignored more than followed, this is China! One of my (foreign) friends has a license because he teaches the daughter of a senior Gong An officer. This was only about a year ago in a 3rd tier city! Plead/beg/pay/manipulate for what you can get. The rules may be fully enforced, or they may not be, just depends where you are and who you talk to. Sometimes if you live in BJ/SH it appears that the rules are strict and straightforward as they might be in a western country, but I assure you, this is not really the case.
    I'll second this.What happens in the rest of China is a whole new ball game compared to Shanghai and Beijing. The crap I had to go through to get my license was truly a test of my sanity.

I still remember being told you haven't been here long enough to get a license.I asked how long I needed to be here before I can apply for a license answer at least three years.

When i told them I have been driving cars and riding/racing motorcycles for thirty years they said was that done here.

2. #32 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Insane price for a not so great bike.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Plus I'd be careful about the triple clamps on this bike they had a tendency to break a few years ago wonder if they ever fixed it.

3. #33 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bartez88 View Post
    What do you recommend then? I know the price is very high, there must be better deals around. ive been trying to contact the factory as well, but I only got chinese speaking people on the line.

@andre555: how or where can I contact Mr Li? I read the post about DIY registration, very good info, but then you need the 180 days visa or a "friend" where you can register it on his name. I was thinking to put in on the dealers name.
    @bartez: I forget the Dali number you need to tag to the front of the number but the dealership number is 2189798. It's a lady who's name I forgot just ask to speak to the boss and tell her your friend Mike from Canada just bought the Shineray xy200gy-7a. I'll be back in Dali around May 5th or 10th it seems. I'm just trying to get some kind of verbal confirmation from the police in Xiaguan about the visa requirements. I can't afford to keep flying around. I basically have no money as it is.

The triple clamps look nothing like either of the diagrams Supersignet posted years ago but the bike I bought was manufactured a few months ago according to the Fapiao. It looks amazing in red and black and that's all they claim to have right now. They only had a few left at the factory so they said when I bought it because they had excess stock from ones they were shipping overseas. I'm not sure what the deal is with the bike + triple clamp issue. I've only ridden it about 30km and I'll be doing a lot of serious riding when I'm back in Yunnan in May. The bike arrived with a cracked rear fender because of their shitty shipping techniques and the threaded bored hole that they clamps for the handle bars are supposed to screw didn't screw in properly so the dealership rethreaded the hole with one of those thingies then got it on no problem. The bike looks ok and rode nicely. I have less than 100km to my name riding motorcycles and know nearly nothing. I'll keep you posted but I really won't know more about the licensing until I go back to Dali in May :(

4. #34 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    Also I forgot to mention it took about 4 business days to arrive from Chongqing to Xiaguan (Dali New City)

5. #35 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone,
    First i apologize for tacking so long to reply.

The bike is in my name. To register the bike i needed, 2 years ago, a resident permit. That time i was working in Guangxi. I could rester it without problems.
    I bought the bike from the factory. I have payed 8900 Yuan. The registration and the plates is about 2000 Yuan more.
    Abot the quality of the bike, its just enought, you shuldn't forgot that the engine is based in an old model. I felt, after making 10000 Km, that it started to get worm very easy. Sometimes going up in a mountain road, the engine loss power and i have to stop few minutes and then continue. I didnt found more problems. The bike is to take it easy.
    If that time i had got enought mony, i would probaly bought the Jialing 600.

I probaly didnt answer all the questions. After two days i will arrive to Guiyang and i will stay few days. I will have more oportunities to connect to Internet. If you cant wait for the answers this is my cell/phone number: 18212011176. I will be happy to help.

Daniel

6. #36 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hows life going now? did you start your trip yet? We tried registering our bike in dali and that was just MAYO. Then tried shangri la but there it seemed alot better, except that we already paid our taxes in kunming we couldnt register the bike in shangrila. Id recommend trying there and only give them the papers they ask for, one by one. We made the mistake of giving them the whole package... Keep us updated!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234