Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    SAM_2307.jpgSAM_2613.jpgHello everyone,

my name is Daniel,
    I'm preparing a trip from China to Spain riding a Shineray Long March, i will leave Xingjiang to Kazakhstan in the beginning of May. And them Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France and, finally, Spain.

I want to ask if someone will leave China to Kazakhstan arround May, or if someone will be riding arround Kazakhstan in this date. I will go alone and I would enjoy to ride, at least a part of the trip, with another riderSAM_2307.jpgSAM_2311.jpgSAM_2613.jpg

Thanks,

Daniel
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 兼必奥; 03-04-2012 at 05:18 AM.

2. #2 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    Banned
    G'Day,

The French speed jockey might be going a similar route: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...UFFIAC-MICKAEL

3. #3 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Daniel,
    That's a really ambitious trip you've got planned. I can see you're riding a Shineray bike (with some very cool luggage) in China in one of your pictures, but you list your present location as Spain. Wondering where you are right now and what kind of preparations you've made. Please keep us posted as to the details.

4. #4 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Daniel,

I share Nuhaus's curiosity. Looks like the Shineray has a Guangxi plate.

If you already own the bike and have legal registration, a valid license and a valid visa, you are far, far better prepared for this journey than the other 99% of riders who come to MCM with ideas like this!

Details please!
    cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #5 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    So, were you and Carl separated at birth?
    Attached Images

6. #6 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    So, were you and Carl separated at birth?
    Hello David,
    every laowai in China are the same hehe

7. #7 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Nuhaus, hello euphonius,

The bike has Guangxi plates, 桂 N is from Qinzhou钦州。 Everything is legal. I left Guangxi to Yunnan 2 months ago and I'm now in Guizhou, amazing average of 80/100 Km per day. In China is ok but my preparation for an international travel like this is not good, I have no idea of mechanic maintennance and my english is poor. If i find a partner i will feel safer, i dont want to have a mechanic problem in the middle of Kazakhstan and be eaten by wolves...
    The bike is ok for its price, but SAM_2662.jpgi had one problem during the travel, the front suspension started to loss oil. I had to stop travelling few days and they send me a new one from the factory. In this image we can see the suspension lossing oil.

cheers

i want to say too that i think in this forum we can find a lot of useful information and experiences
    thanks

8. #8 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hey, that's my bike. I'll be following you, I'm looking forward to see how the bike fairs outside China. Post your route maybe you'll be passing by someone from MCM to help you out with mechanical stuff. For the local Chinese mechanics, if it's not burning, it's fine. . Knowing the bike, I'd say you'll be having mechanical problems for sure, but nothing that can't be fixed provided you're prepared.

Is it a stock bike from the factory? Good luck man. We're all looking forward to your updates.

9. #9 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    C-Moto Noob
    Daniel, i rode Central Asia last summer, 4 of the stans (kazak, uzbek, tajik and Kyrgiz). Met a few riders and drivers coming from europe through Iran. If you plan to drive up to Astana i can put you in contact with someone who can do your bike a good check up. I assume you will leave through Kashgahr and into Kyrgiz, not sure if any other borther crossing open for private traveling with vehicle. Check in advance so you do not have to turn around. Central asia is amazing. Kazak main concern is police and bribes. For the rest you should be fine. Watch for traffic though since they drive like crazy. Myself i am as well planning to eventually ride to europe when China is done for me. For the time being i am planning a Beijing - Lhasa to get started..... Safe travel. Santiago.
    Santi

10. #10 Re: China to Spain, May 2012 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Santi View Post
    Daniel, i rode Central Asia last summer, 4 of the stans (kazak, uzbek, tajik and Kyrgiz). Met a few riders and drivers coming from europe through Iran. If you plan to drive up to Astana i can put you in contact with someone who can do your bike a good check up. I assume you will leave through Kashgahr and into Kyrgiz, not sure if any other borther crossing open for private traveling with vehicle. Check in advance so you do not have to turn around. Central asia is amazing. Kazak main concern is police and bribes. For the rest you should be fine. Watch for traffic though since they drive like crazy. Myself i am as well planning to eventually ride to europe when China is done for me. For the time being i am planning a Beijing - Lhasa to get started..... Safe travel. Santiago.
    Dear Santiago,

Now THAT's what I call a brilliant first post -- filled with useful information and offers to help! Welcome to MCM, Santiago. You new to Beijing, and to China? What brings you here? What, if anything, are you riding now?

Did you post any ride reports of your zheigestan/neigestan adventure? Would love to read more about your Central Asian exploits.

Welcome again, and cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast