It's not easy to find decent biker gear everywhere in China. There's plenty of gear but what, exactly, will do the job you expect it to? What are the options? This is a summary of what little experience I have here. With any luck the other China riders will share their experiences too.
I trust Tanked Racing. They dont just sell in China, they sell in the UK, the USA and all over the world. Their products are not too cheap or too expensive and theyre easily available in my area so it's my choice of gear.
Head protection is at the top of my list so I wear a helmet, while riding, all year round. Besides saving your skull from an accident - that we all hope will never happen - it also:
A: stops bugs and road debris from getting in your eyes.
B: blocks the wind or at least most of it
C: protects your head from the dirt and pollution keeping your hair and face clean
D: it may also protect you from the unseen: a small bird, in my case, while doing over 120kph

Until now Id been wearing some Fox (fake but a good fake) elbow and knee pads which I wore out on rides. The knee pads saved me from losing some skin when I slid out on gravel two years ago. They were sliced up and unusable afterwards but they did the job and only cost me 40rmb to replace.
Since then Ive upgraded my safety gear. I went out one day to buy a set of biker boots and ended up getting four things in total:
1: Leather boots T05009
2: Shin and knee guards TP604
3: Upper thigh and buttocks protector TP752
4: Upper body armour TP717

All items are Tanked and listed on this site http://www.tanked-racing.cn/products...ge=2&Classid=0
Here are my personal photos.
DSCN1533.jpgDSCN1532.jpg