Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: JiuZhai Paradise---BeiJing to SiChuan JiuZhaiGou valley adventure 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Hi Lion - I've frequently seen the police on the North 5th RR recently, although they have never stopped me. I guess I have been very lucky. I read in the newspaper that the police will be enforcing the non-Beijing plate rules during the Congress meeting.

Did you, or your buddies, get a ticket for a non-Beijing plate, or the day's plate restriction, or maybe for riding on the 5th Ring Road?

Sorry you were stopped.
    Hi Lao Jia Hou,long time no see,how are you doing?how about your shop?I always wanna go for a look about it.

I used to ride on the south ring4 to go to work everyday before, always ride on the north ring5 to mountain ride,and sometimes met some traffic polices,but never happened something,

Sometimes,I rode on the "Chang'An street",motors are forbidden definitely,but,never be stopped by traffic police.

Yes,you are right,it's the Congress meeting reason.

You can see the details about my stop by the police there
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzYxOTQwNzYw.html

IMG_0280.jpg

I got all of these with me :driver license,行驶本,even though the "insurance",but the police fined me 200rmb,100 or riding on the ring5,another for "no peony card(bank card for driving fining).Another three mates had no insurance,the police told us ,after fined me and took (dragged away) the other three motors ,after good atitude negotiation(a little begging),then let us go(after fined me,god,no true principle exist,i was fined cause I got enough papers......and it was a joke spread in our motor group)

The other three guys all got a non-beijing plate on their motor,if it's true,then no problem ,and you guys don't worry about it,traffic police always will be polite and kind to foreigners.

Ride safe.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by lion; 03-09-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    VFR1200F

2. #12 Re: JiuZhai Paradise---BeiJing to SiChuan JiuZhaiGou valley adventure 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Lion - do I understand this correctly?

1) The police fined you because you had all of the correct papers, and therefore it would be easy for them to print out the fine from one of those little hand-held machines?

2) The police did not fine your riding buddies because they did not have the correct papers, or insurance, and therefore it was probably too much trouble?

3) The police initially seized the bikes but after "begging" the bikes were returned, so everyone could continue on their way (without insurance)?

4) You received an extra 100 rmb fine for no peony card, which is needed to immediately pay the 200 rmb fine (for riding on the 5th ring road)?

There is an English expression ... "nice guys finish last" ... and it applies when someone who follows the rules is the one who loses. Well, it is good that you did not also get points.

Yes, I can understand your riding buddies having a good laugh about the situation, AFTER they got their bikes back. I hope they at least bought you lunch! It was you who "took one for the team." (another English expression)

The police have always been very polite to me. But I think the main reason is because my Chinese language skills are not that good, and they have to talk to me like I am a little 3 year old boy, in very simple Chinese. Maybe they are asking me "where are your parents?" instead of "where are your papers?"

Foreigners are just too much trouble!!!!!

3. #13 Re: JiuZhai Paradise---BeiJing to SiChuan JiuZhaiGou valley adventure 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Lion - do I understand this correctly?

How accurate what you'v understood is!Congratulations,you have mastered Chinese culture .

Whatever,I think BeiJing's traffic police are better than other provinces,
    1) You can ride on the expressway in BeiJing,
    2)If you wear appropriate protection equipments ,don't ride too fast,obey the traffic rules,they raely care for you or stop you,most of time it is like that.
    3)They rarely seized your motor after they stop you,but first of first ,you must have a good atitude,at most ,you get fined,then let you go.

To be honest,yes,I got all the correct papers at that time,but these are "correct" papers,if the police take it seriously,they can confiscate it for suspicion of smuggling.I saw an article, happened in a expressway,the traffic police confiscated the BMW motor after the rider rode too fast ,then bad atitude and try to escape.
    VFR1200F

4. #14 Re: JiuZhai Paradise---BeiJing to SiChuan JiuZhaiGou valley adventure 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    with a few mates.

One of those mates !

Hi from So Cal.

5. #15 Re: JiuZhai Paradise---BeiJing to SiChuan JiuZhaiGou valley adventure 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick in PRC. View Post
    One of those mates ! Hi from So Cal.
    G'Day,

Yeah, good times.....