Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello!

I've never posted before but I've been reading for a few months now ;D
    I'm interested in buying the Shineray Long March.
    It's no longer on www.shineray.com and I'm wondering if they still produce this bike...???

I've been travelling in China for 2 years and need a bike that matches the Long March's description!
    I want to travel with my motorcycle very very far distances and potentially have a 20 to 30kg load on the bike at times.

Is there another bike for under 10,000rmb that would also suit my needs?

Thanks!

2. #2 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 

3. #3 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    I dont speak chinese, are these recent postings from the company about the bike, if so I am going to order 2 of them for my brother and I to ride while he is here for a couple of weeks, is it possible to order them with a cross tire?
    scratchndent

A day in the life, Wake up, ride to work, work, ride home, lock bike and its beer thirty!

4. #4 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    its not actually the long march

but it has the same tank and in fact has a better engine and front end

like all cheap chinese bikes it is not without some problems but nothing serious

i have 10,000km on mine and it is still going well

just had to replace the chain, cush drive bushes, swing arm bushes, spokes

pretty much the whole driveline actually

all cheap parts to replace just a shame the builder didnt do it in the first place.....

you can get them with any wheels tires you want also any engine from 150 - 250

find a local to communicate with him because his english is about as good as my chinese

5. #5 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    Zhu, Great, thanks for the speedy reply, I have a translator I just worry about the inability to speak motorcycle-ese. I will try to get some more info and post it up on here. You have 10000km on the stock bike the way it came from the factory? and what about an equipment list that you replaced? Would you recomment getting the cast aluminum wheels for it to keep that from happening further down the road? Or is the added weight too much? I really appreciate your taking the time to tell me about the bike. How far is Yangzhou from Beijing?

Thanks, Marty

Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    its not actually the long march

but it has the same tank and in fact has a better engine and front end

like all cheap chinese bikes it is not without some problems but nothing serious

i have 10,000km on mine and it is still going well

just had to replace the chain, cush drive bushes, swing arm bushes, spokes

pretty much the whole driveline actually

all cheap parts to replace just a shame the builder didnt do it in the first place.....

you can get them with any wheels tires you want also any engine from 150 - 250

find a local to communicate with him because his english is about as good as my chinese
    A day in the life, Wake up, ride to work, work, ride home, lock bike and its beer thirty!

6. #6 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    Okay, so I answered some of my own questions, as far as where Zhu is as compared to me, more than 12 hours to the south, and thats probably in a car at break neck speed, so the internet will have to do. I just got off the phone with the guy from the taobao ad where the above bike in the link is listed. As pictured, 11,860元 delivered to beijing to a shop I know and trust, near the 798 area. They will do the final assembly and tuning on them, price tbd but I cant see it being too bad. they said 3-5 days for delivery and a couple of days to final assembly and tuning, so about a week total. The guy at the place building them also said that I could swap to a different wheel set/tires/disc rear brake fairly cheap too. Also they said without fapio is the quoted price, 300 more per bike for fapio. So there is the info he gave me. Oh and because I am buying 2 of them, one for me and one for my brother is 500元 cheaper than the list on the site.

So a few new questions, will having the fapio expedite the sale of the second bike after my brother leaves be better or not make a difference. Does anyone know the time and funds involved in registering the bikes? I need to know so I can get the bikes here in time to get it all done and test ride both bikes for a while before my brother gets here so i am thinking about the lead time that I should get them ordered. And since we are planning on staying in hotel/hostel/ or some kind locals house when possible, I am thinking about just getting the rear rack without the side racks, just over the rear fender. we are only going for a week and I think I can carry all I need on one rack and a backpack.

Any thoughts anyone out there? Appreciate you taking time to reply, especially those of you out there that have travelled around china already as we are embarking on our first trip on bikes here.

scratchndent

Quote Originally Posted by scratchndent View Post
    Zhu, Great, thanks for the speedy reply, I have a translator I just worry about the inability to speak motorcycle-ese. I will try to get some more info and post it up on here. You have 10000km on the stock bike the way it came from the factory? and what about an equipment list that you replaced? Would you recomment getting the cast aluminum wheels for it to keep that from happening further down the road? Or is the added weight too much? I really appreciate your taking the time to tell me about the bike. How far is Yangzhou from Beijing?

Thanks, Marty

7. #7 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    I would check, double check, and get it 100% guaranteed that you can get these bikes registered. I seriously doubt a bashed together taobao deal is going to come with all the necessary documents for registration.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #8 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    yeah 10 k the only thing i have done is a small mod to the engine mounts (rebuilt them from thicker steel) because they kept cracking

not suprising as they were 2mm thick

easy to make and sourced the metal from the scrap bin outside a factory

the spokes cost 1kuai each and have replaced about all of them now

the cush drive bushes cost 20 kuai for a set of 4

D.I.D o-ring chain about 200 kuai

swingarm bushes 70kuai

so not expensive things just a pity because the builder could easily use better parts

yangzhou is about 800km from beijing and while you are welcome to visit

the east coast is not really the cool place to ride

if you have a few weeks go west young man!

9. #9 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I would also double triple check that. The bike they're selling is not the "Long March".
    I actually just bought one straight from the factory through a Shineray dealership in Xiaguan (Dali new city in Yunnan Province) for 11,800 including insurance, plate registration, and tax.

If you're only going to ride it for two weeks then go for it but getting it registered might be a problem.

10. #10 Re: Does the Shineray XY200GY-7 "Long March"‎ still exist? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I would check, double check, and get it 100% guaranteed that you can get these bikes registered. I seriously doubt a bashed together taobao deal is going to come with all the necessary documents for registration.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    yeah what he said
    basically you wont get them registered in beijing

in the smaller towns..well as the chinese say

there are many hills and valleys between here and beijing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast