Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: China's Longest & Best Motorcycle-Friendly Tracks/Trails 
    ChinaV, Thanks for that, is there a thread on here somewhere that talks about where you stopped for gas and that type of thing? Would like to see what you saw on the trip. And also, suggestions on bikes that will make the trip, I was reading an earlier post about the guy on the shineray, he seemed to have some issues-new motor, due to some bad mechnic'in. I am 6'2 and about 195. We dont need big and flashy just reliable and fun.............and repairable at the end of the day. I havent had time to look does the site have alot of guys from Beijing out here? I wouldnt mind hooking up with someone and talking about rides. I plan to buy 2 new bikes and then sell the one my brother will ride after it is over, keeping mine, so I will want something reasonably long lasting. Have a great day!

scratchndent

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    It was a six day ride, each color track is one day. We didn't ride too aggressively, and had to deal with setting up and re-packing camping gear every day, so I think you can manage this in a week quite easily.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    A day in the life, Wake up, ride to work, work, ride home, lock bike and its beer thirty!

2. #22 Re: China's Longest & Best Motorcycle-Friendly Tracks/Trails 
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchndent View Post
    ChinaV, Thanks for that, is there a thread on here somewhere that talks about where you stopped for gas and that type of thing? Would like to see what you saw on the trip. And also, suggestions on bikes that will make the trip, I was reading an earlier post about the guy on the shineray, he seemed to have some issues-new motor, due to some bad mechnic'in. I am 6'2 and about 195. We dont need big and flashy just reliable and fun.............and repairable at the end of the day. I havent had time to look does the site have alot of guys from Beijing out here? I wouldnt mind hooking up with someone and talking about rides. I plan to buy 2 new bikes and then sell the one my brother will ride after it is over, keeping mine, so I will want something reasonably long lasting. Have a great day!

scratchndent

There is a ride report posted here by chinabiker and a photo album here from me.

We rode BMW's, chinabiker rode his and I rented one from the dealership in Beijing. Plenty of nice bikers up in Beijing, I think they hang out a place called Frank's when they're not riding.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #23 Re: China's Longest & Best Motorcycle-Friendly Tracks/Trails 
    Guys - Still looking for the TCT (Trans-China Trail).....

See this video repost of Australia's Victorian High Country.
    I'm searching for trails like this (not roads) in China

Click here for landing page that has the entire series: http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_Y...ry Test Part 2

Perhaps some MCMers who also frequent the Chinese forums can ask around?

4. #24 Re: China's Longest & Best Motorcycle-Friendly Tracks/Trails 
    C-Moto Guru
    This stuff is exactly what I want to do in China...went Chengdu- Tiger Leaping gorge in 2007 by bus, was awesome... now I've got the motorcycle bug something like this will be done.
    I'd like to keep this thread alive... The GD trails on here and the Beijing trails are great.. plus this epic stuff in Yujnnan/Sichuan. I think the original poster was in Shagnhai... trails near here would be great.
    I remember seeing a video of foreigners in Beijing riding out to Inner Mongolia with mountains, single track and camping.. awesome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123