Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    The US was supposed to see all three versions, but we only got the 'R' full-faired sport bike, and then it fizzled out...I am glad to see Megelli did build and sell the motard; somewhere! Are they no longer building any of them?

2. #12 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    they still sell and build all 3 models in asia, they havnt been in the UK market for about 3 years now due to quality issues on early models
    tbh the "Da hooligan" images look so much like a aprilia dorsoduro

3. #13 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Shouldn't; that motorcycle and this be sitting in showrooms throughout Asia with the Ducati name on them?

Is this Lifan in the market already or just a concept!!??

MJH, you have mentioned 'performance cam and carburetor upgrade for the NX250 engine!! Do you have any clue about this items in the Chinese market?

4. #14 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...(aka-X2)/page4

From what I understand the NX250 engine is not offered up for legal sale within a legal motorcycle version in China, it would need to be approved for emissions and there is not a conforming version available domestically. Same with the Lifan Honda VTR copy.

5. #15 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    The industry falls short looking at the Asian market collectively, with exception to the Japanese.
    Most are not aligning well, not fully taking advantage in every way possible.

It takes big movements to make changes happen, investing in all the markets major players would be best and understanding the environment within and relationships between the markets in the region.

They all have growth rates and increasing production and a developing middle class, some seem to think that they can simply wait for the high end consumers to eventually come to them, greeted with a tariff and exaggerated high price.

There is nothing worse then a high markup, even if it is a class leading product, even more disgusting if it is a low cost bike simple ridiculously marked up.

I am offended that I cannot get a KTM 200 in the USA. But the price in Britian is what $6,268.00
    I am not 100% sure but I believe it is subjected to a 28% rate, 8% tariff and 20% VAT, that would equate to a duty of $1,755.04 so that mean the manufacturer is asking around $4,512.00 in reality.

http://tariff.businesslink.gov.uk/ta...nDate=10/03/12

In India they are offered for around $2,998.00, the profit is in there all the hikes bring it up in realty, the bikes could be offered in the USA for around $4,500.00 and represent about the same profit margins as in other markets.

However if the sale are high in the domestic market then they benefit on the economy of scale, the more they make the cheaper the unit cost, because fixed cost get spread out over units.

Is an India made KTM worth that much? It would seem so the overalls for KTM are up 24%.

If the bikes were manufacturer in a country that had excellent import rates to other countries then it optimizes on marketability. But as for the UK it gets stung on the 20% VAT, but the other variable of 8% can be 0% or simply less then 8% for instance china is 4.5%

Its complex….but manufacturing in the markets with the highest demand is best and better if that market has good trade access with discounted rates.

6. #16 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    I would say that Hero Motocorp should purchase Duacti and strive to develop manufacturing facilities in Borneo, that could get them easy access to both Indonesia and Malaysia? Maybe someone can convince the Sultan of Brunei to invest in that?

I wonder if the Italian engineers have the ability to develop a line powerful fuel efficient small displacement engines? The leader will also have to develop engines that offer less C02 output per mile and the easiest way is by reducing the fuel consumption.

People often say “if I new then what I know now”…truth is they seldom listen.

7. #17 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    Quote Originally Posted by Deom2i View Post
    Is this Lifan in the market already or just a concept!!??
    Lifan seems to be a better OEM for others than making their own bikes these days. Look at their home page for the American Lifan site which has not been updated since I posted this months ago--they mention all the bikes they are not bringing to the US versus what is coming! The above 250cc street bike is the only one supposed to arrive while their 400cc cruiser, their liquid-cooled 250cc enduro, and the interesting looking chopper shown on their home page are not coming. Also not coming and seemingly a hangup of theirs on their site is a 50cc 2-stroke. I have a feeling we will see 'da Hooligun' in the US before Lifan brings their naked 250cc as shown above!!

http://www.americanlifan.com/

8. #18 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...(aka-X2)/page4

From what I understand the NX250 engine is not offered up for legal sale within a legal motorcycle version in China, it would need to be approved for emissions and there is not a conforming version available domestically. Same with the Lifan Honda VTR copy.

I believe Yingang is NX250 copy as many original parts of NX250 fit correctly. If this is correct, then its like having a NX250 offed in china by Chinese company with are rebadge. But the original Honda NX250 engine is not offered up for legal sale within a legal motorcycle version in China, im i correct?

9. #19 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    The engine is realistically only for export, as it does not exist in a compliant new model in the Chinese market, you could buy the engine in china but the motorcycle you install it in would not be eligible to be registered/plated. In 2010 the government raised emissions standards that engine stopped being offered and is in China, only for export.

I believe it to be a Honda NX250 copy and in that can take any modifications that were/are available for the original, it came in its day as a Honda with a performance cam option. I imagine that is what the Scandinavians are installing, not sure if there is a Chinese company making the cam or not?

The link in the thread is dead, the jmsracing link is no longer active. I would have suggested you begin your search for information there, they know or should know where it is manufactured.

I do not believe Honda manufactures that engine anymore.

10. #20 Re: New 'Da Hooligun' from CCW announced 
    MJH, i was not aware of emission standard in China, i knew all bikes manufactured in China are sold in China.

Yes, Scandinavians do fix the performance cam on the bike and also the MV34 Carburetor. MKV34 are Mikuni brand and some are TK brand as used by Megelli 250r.
    I guess MV34 are better than the PZ30V carburetors. Change in carburetors will have a noticeable increase in power or re-jetting is a better option?

Honda has stopped manufacturing the engine long time ago.
    Have you check the performance of the Honda 250R, it almost have same output with the yingang 250. This is quite interesting. Yingang boost higher compression ration and engine bore. Honda has FI but soon the Yingang will be FI too, will do the comparison.

Im searching for the performance cam for the Yingang 250.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast