Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 PUZEY XTR300 opinions, registration? 
    I am now playing in the dirt with a CQR250 but I feel I need something bigger.
    To make it short - I am in love with this:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1..._u=ddv4gmb43bf

Any opinions?

Does anybody now about it, can it be registred now? A seller claims it has CCC and can be registered. Also seems like it has been exported before

To make sure registration is proper I would like to get a residence certificate in Chongquing, go there and have all the registration done together with the seller. Then ship/drive to Guandong.

As my real residence is in Guandong, are there any concerns if I use the Chongquing registred bike mainly here or in the rest of China? Does it matter for the insurance where the bike is licensed?

I just want to make sure everything works well this time, the last time I wanted to register the bike here but had all the documents but the offices/agents said the fapiau I had from Chongquing (CQR250) is slightly different and can not be used ... mafan. Now I am only going off-road but I want to make tours. Just want to get it right this time.

Edit: a little more information about the bike http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...500-Air-cooled
    Last edited by snakeeater; 03-13-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: additional link

2. #2 Re: PUZEY XTR300 opinions, registration? 
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeater View Post
    I am now playing in the dirt with a CQR250 but I feel I need something bigger.
    To make it short - I am in love with this:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1..._u=ddv4gmb43bf

Any opinions?

Does anybody now about it, can it be registred now? A seller claims it has CCC and can be registered. Also seems like it has been exported before

To make sure registration is proper I would like to get a residence certificate in Chongquing, go there and have all the registration done together with the seller. Then ship/drive to Guandong.

As my real residence is in Guandong, are there any concerns if I use the Chongquing registred bike mainly here or in the rest of China? Does it matter for the insurance where the bike is licensed?

I just want to make sure everything works well this time, the last time I wanted to register the bike here but had all the documents but the offices/agents said the fapiau I had from Chongquing (CQR250) is slightly different and can not be used ... mafan. Now I am only going off-road but I want to make tours. Just want to get it right this time.

Edit: a little more information about the bike http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...500-Air-cooled
    I don't think it's legal for registration.

Go to Jiangmen in Guangdong, you will be able to see what bikes are legally registerable. You can also set up your temp residence and register there.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: PUZEY XTR300 opinions, registration? 
    Hi ChinaV, i read your trip reports and reviews about the Galaxy. The factory around the corner is definitely tempting.

But what I am riding now seems to be very similar to the Galaxy. I am looking for something slightly bigger and slightly higher power/top speed. Or is it not worth the hazzle?

4. #4 Re: PUZEY XTR300 opinions, registration? 
    hard to see how anyone would catch you on that beast

5. #5 Re: PUZEY XTR300 opinions, registration? 
    Not worrying at all to get caught, here 7 out of 10 bikes do not have a plate. I am riding since two years.

But what happens if I "catch" somebody? I want to do longer trips anywhere in the country without a stupid risk in my back.