Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 zongshen zs150-gy10 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have been seacrhing this bike out here and have no luck with any reports/reviews on them. I am curious, because I have the chance to pick one up. It's a 2009 model left over in the dealership here in Guatemala. I like the way the bike is built, but I am concerned about actual performance. Also, I see that they use the GY-10 engine, but I can't find any other bike, zongshen or otherwise that uses it. How are these engines? what would be the japanese equivalent of it? The dealership was not successful competing with the other CB's.

Should I buy this bike? Can anyone point me to other threads on them?

Thanks for your help

2. #2 Re: zongshen zs150-gy10 
    Uses water-cool pushrod (CG125 look alike) machine http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_83767.htm
    Showa shocks in domestic version

3. #3 Re: zongshen zs150-gy10 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thank you for the reply humanbeing. On to more questions. My son has a honda CG150 and nothing like the engine on the Zongshen. What parts do you consider "like" cg125? Would I be finding interchangable honda parts for the bike, like pistons, cams and other internal parts for it? Also I was able to find feedback from an owner that says that he had trouble with the transmission being very hard with the engine running, and that 5th gear was impossible to find, same as neutral. And that the amazing looking brakes siezed on him. I was inpressed by the build and size of the brakes as well as the showa bars, and 1 inch handle bar. But considering that the bike has been sitting in the showroom for three years, should I be concerned about all the rubber parts being brittle or cracked? The quality of the plastics seem 200% better than the other CB's. How is Zongshen's quality in that regard?

4. #4 Re: zongshen zs150-gy10 
    Stay AWAY from anything that's NOT easy to obtain repair materials.
    Honda CG150 in S. America is OHC. Chinese mod bore / stroke / cooling methond that based from CG125
    That water-cool "CG150" is very common on chinese trike http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17128491.htm | http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9226874621
    There's a chinese doggerel: "買宗 (Zōng)申(Shēn) , 後悔終(Zhōng)生(Shēng)" -- Bought Zongshen , regrets lifelong

http://forum.jorsindo.com/thread-2330516-1-1.html
    Copy & Paste texts to Google Translate will tells u horrible ZS story from 6# & 9#. Loncin are better. ZS eating oil (Rubbish ring + valve) & other parts are decent.

5. #5 Re: zongshen zs150-gy10 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by richsuz View Post
    I have been seacrhing this bike out here and have no luck with any reports/reviews on them. I am curious, because I have the chance to pick one up. It's a 2009 model left over in the dealership here in Guatemala. I like the way the bike is built, but I am concerned about actual performance. Also, I see that they use the GY-10 engine, but I can't find any other bike, zongshen or otherwise that uses it. How are these engines? what would be the japanese equivalent of it? The dealership was not successful competing with the other CB's.

Should I buy this bike? Can anyone point me to other threads on them?

Thanks for your help
    The Zongshen engine used in the ZS125GY-10 / ZS150GY-10 and the ZS125GY-10C / ZS155GY-10C, was Zongshen's own design, like the Air-cooled engine in the Cyclone 'Pursuit' ZS125-50

I was doing a Google Search to try and find out what was the name of the Engine used in the ZS150 GY-10 and the 150/155cc version of the Cyclone 'Pursuit' ZS125-50 (which uses PZ125)

So I started with PZ150 and searched for that!

One of the Search Hits was this one:-

Chongqing Zongshen Power Machinery Co.,Ltd.

www.zse.cc/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1&CateID=18

13 New Products of Zongshen Motorcycle Engine Passed Appraisal ...
    Commission, and the appraised models included YB110, PG/PZ150, W125, Z110 2-in-1.

So I did a search on www.zse.cc/ website for PG/PZ150

I only found the 125cc Watercooled engine ZS156MI(SB125), not the 155cc Version:-

The 125cc water-cooled engine in the CYCLONE 'Fly'

Type: ZS156MI
    Another Name: SB125
    Mode: Single Cylinder Four-stroke
    water cooling Inclined(15°)
    Maximum Power: 8.0kw/8500r/min
    Maximum Torque: 9.2N.m/7500r/min
    Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
    Bore&Stroke: 56.5mm×49.5mm
    Displacement: 124.04ml
    Ignition: C.D.I
    Lubrication: Pressure & Splash
    Fuel Consumption: ≤367g/kw.h
    Start: Kick & Electric
    Clutch: Hand-operated, Wet-Multi-Chip
    Gearshift Method: constant mesh/two stage transmission/5speed Gearshift
    Net Weight: 30kg
    Dimension: 358*350*446
    See http://factory.dhgate.com/motorcycle...p41392391.html

• This engine has its own patents.
    The patents numbers are ZL02307702.6 ZL02209337.0 ZL02203248.7 ZL01278341.2

• The cylinder head with rings water grooves and the unique combustion chamber reduce the noise effectively. This cooling system can get best cooling effect and reduce the thermal load of the key parts. In this way ,the life of the engine is lengthened and the performance of the engine is improved.

• Setting the oil channel outside can prevent the lubricant from being heated and get the best lubricating effect.

• Assistant electronically fan and sensitive temperature controller can make the cooling system radiate the heat automatically and keep the water stay in a best status.

6. #6 Re: zongshen zs150-gy10 
    That image looks like a modified CG125, that gear case is as common in china as a dumpling.