Hello,

I currently live in Mexico, and my company is looking to relocate me to Shanghai in the near future. I own 2 HONDAS I would love to bring with me: One of them is a 2003 XRV750 Africa Twin, with which I use for touring, and the other is a restored 1979 CBX which I ocasionally ride on the better highways.

I have seen a few posts on other forums saying what an ordeal it is to import a bike to China, and that you can't even ride one in Shanghai. Is it just rumours or is there actually a law?

Rather than using it arounf town, me and my wife would like to to travel on the bikes. Could I register the bikes elsewhere and take them to my home in Shanghai on a trailer? I know it may sound crazy, but I'm just looking for options. If there are no alternatives, then I would really see no point in bringing them in the first place, but the more I ask, the more I hear that "there is always a way around the law in China".

Therefore, I would like to know if someone could please give me some pointers, or maybe direct me to an agency or company that could advise me on the proceedings. Thanks in advance for whatever help anyone is able to provide. Best regards,