Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Death of David Stock... 
    Hey Gang,

Although this is a much belated post, I want to announce the death of fellow C-Moto rider, adventurer and photographer, David Stock from Australia on August 19, 2008. David was riding a grand tour of China starting in the West and moving East hoping to arrive back in Beijing to begin work as a teacher at Dulwich College.

Reports say he was hit by a car between Chengdu and Xi'an and died on impact. The car driver sped off leaving no certain evidence of what had happened. Although I wish it was different, this kind of irresponsible behavior is quite normal in rural China and a lesson/reminder to us all.

After a struggle dealing with the many inane legal departments in China, his body finally arrived in England one month later on September 20th and must under go "a post-mortem and gather information from a variety of sources to rule out foul play before issuing a cremation order." Finally, his funeral will take place at on the 7th of October in Colchester, Essex.

We all know riding motorcycles is generally risky, and in China even more so. I hope that we all pay extra-special attention to our senses, skills and judgments whenever we decide to saddle up. In China, or anywhere else in the world, as motorcyclists we accept the risks and responsibilities of what we choose do, knowing we do so living life to the fullest. With all the love we receive and give, our greatest gift is the continued participation in this great world and the pleasure of simply making it home every day - healthier, wiser and happier than each before it.

Rest in Peace David! We all ride together!

- David Stock in China -

To view David's excellent China photo album please click on the above photo or visit HERE.

Ride Safe, Have Fun,
    Carl
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Carl wrote" our greatest gift is the continued participation in this great world and the pleasure of simply making it home every day "

Hi Carl,
    sorry to hear that tragic news,
    I did not know David, but being a China Rider, I know the built in risks & rewards of riding in China, and else where
    that was a heartfelt write up,
    Condolances
    Tim L
    2005 Ducati 1000 SS and 2004 Ducati 999
    2006 Yamaha R-1
    2007 Suzuki DRZ-400 SM
    1984 BMW R80RT
    EMail: Lago888@yahoo.com _Cell # 1348-864-0048

Never met the guy, wish I had, his hometown is in the neighbouring county to mine.

Sorry, but I hate Chinese car drivers, and always will.