Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Newmachine info saga gy250 c2 
    Hello

I am new to the site but have been around bikes for the last 20 years.I've owned almost every type of dirt bike/enduro but recently came into the C-moto market and like what I bought.

I bought a SAGA GY250 C2.I like it and it seems ok,rides great and has ample power for a 230cc bike.Mine is insured but I hardley ever ride on the roads ,is mostly all off road on the great trail around my place in BC CANADA.

Here is a link to the bike.I would like to here any feed back,info ,tips on this machine.

http://www.alibaba.com/member_site.h...ww.alibaba.com
    Last edited by kens; 10-14-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Kens,

As it so happens, there are lots of C-Motos out there and some are more popular than others. The Sagas look a little like the Lifan GY6 in that it's likely Honda based.

Jim, a moderator here also in BC, wrote a little write up on the GY6 so maybe you can compare the two and see how similar they are/aren't.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ighlight=lifan

Should you have a new model and be one of the first owners, then any pics and info you could provide would be great and helpful to other people as well. Things like where you got it, how much, how was your buying experience, first impressions of the bike and the such are extremely interesting not only to consumers but people in the industry too.

CC

P.S. BC has to be one of the most beautiful regions in all of North America to ride...at least during the summer!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hi Kens, did you also post about this on one of the other sites? I seem tor ecall it...

The saga does seem very familiar to my GY6, only with a larger displacment unbalanced engine... It should be a great bike... I'm wondering, on one of the tags on the bike does it list the manufacturer?

HI Jim

I did post looking for info on chinarider. I figured it can not hurt to ask around about this new machine I bought.

I like it.It rides well and seems to not have any big problems.No one is posting a list of what they dislike about it.LOL Thats always good.

The start post of this thread has a link to the manufacture of the bike.The engine is a zongshen cg250 ( from what I know and have found on spec listings..I may be wrong)
    Last edited by kens; 10-21-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: add info

Ahh ok, I was assuming Saga was just a north american importer, but it looks like that is the company in China, or at least their brand name...

Chongqing Kaier Motorcycle Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
    B8-2, West District, Lianglu Industrial Zone, Yubei District,Chongqing,China

Looks like a good machine :)

C-Moto Noob
    Hi,

I just saw the folks selling these at the Calgary motorcycle show. They're based in Langley BC and have a dealer here in Calgary. They're listing the 250 at $3100.00. They have it approved for Canadian road registration, so there's no need to sneak it past the authorities to get it licensed. I checked it out and it looks like a decent bike. Some typical China bike concerns such as relatively unprotected wiring harness under the back fender. Plastics bolted on without shoulder bolts so that your tightening the bolts right onto the plastics and therefore can't tighten them up enough. Electrics off the brakes/switches on the handlebars held on with simple automotive spade connectors so prone to coming loose. All things that you can fix with a bit of time up front. Also, battery is in an odd place under the back fender. Apparently has a counterbalanced pushrod engine.

Their website is www. offroadleisureproducts.com

BTW, they've gone with an Acerbis headlight in the Canadian version.

I'm thinking of getting one this spring, so if anyone has any more info or experience on these, I'd love to know!

I bought mine direct from the Langley store.It is a great bike.I ride it all over the place and high into the back country in Golden BC.

I ride it "full out" a lot off road and it has stood up very well.Sure it's got a few quirks like the ones you mentioned but for 3100$$,no hassles to reg and antilock brakes...it's a dame good deal.the same machine from Kawasaki or honda would cost you twice as much or more.
    I fixed a few quirks on mine and am working on a set of off road bags for mine this winter.

Contact me in the spring if you want to go riding in the Golden area.We got killer montain trails out here.

HMMMM! Killer trails you say? Do tell!!!

How has your overall experience with the bike been? Any recent pics?

CC

I have not figured out how to post pictures yet on this site.As soon as I do I'll post pics ect.

I'd like to do a write up on the bike also if I get time.

As for trails.....it's wow here in the Rockies of BC.From my back yard I can ride up into the high alpine of the mountains!!! and follow logging roads for miles.

Crazy Carl..I think I figured it out how to post pick's.I'll work on it asap.

Kens,

I rode in BC once, ended up in a town called Lilloette which was VERY interesting. Had a bar there called "Mugs N' Jugs" if I recall!

As far as North America goes, the Rockies are some of the best for adventure trail riding and BC is up there on top of the list. The folks are really nice too!

Too bad I didn't get any good pictures on my last trip but that just means I'll have to go back and do it again.

There are two ways to post pics on this site. One it to provide a link to an image hosted elsewhere, and the other is to upload and attach the image to you post. This version of VB we just upgraded to had a "lightbox" feature which means the image will open over the page with a transparent black screen and can go from one image to the next...it's like a mini gallery.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to put up some pics! Being able to ride in Apliney mountains like like living a dream if you really love it!

CC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast