Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Schuberth C3s are outstanding helmets.....
    Was impressed after 2 days testing and bought one today.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Nice bike!
    Thanks, she is not done yet......

2. #22 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    Banned
    Great day out on the way to Moganshan..........
    Attached Images

3. #23 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    Banned
    cruising around greater Moganshan - Anji area..... flat tires.... ripped valve stems.... beers.... shooting the sh@t.... great weekend!
    Attached Images

4. #24 Re: A day out! - 2012 

5. #25 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey MQRider, long time no see. I just got finished with a decent little camping trip up around Binhai highway. I've been back and forth through Zongshan and Lvshun a lot and I don't recognize most of your pictures, is there a more scenic route? I'm going to be heading home for a while (pending many silly detailed developments, for 3 weeks - 3 months - +?). We should get together for a ride before then!

So on with my mini RR.
    The ride up was fine and eventless, I made decent time. The ride back was awful because Dongbei Lu is shut down, I presume for some maintenance or construction. Hot! I had to take Donglian Lu all the way back into Zhongshang but still made OK time because I was riding on the right or lane splitting all the way down south.
    The little beach I've pointed out in a previous RR in this post is actually before (further south than) the one I had pointed out. I would revise my map but Google Maps isn't working just now. I was looking around and decided that there must be another little campground someplace further north near where my original map indicated.
    As far as camping went, the area is sandy and soft enough for tents with a little attention to your location. I set up right down at the end and poked around at the ground for a while making sure it was suitable. Some guy came up and insisted that I pay 10 kuai. I have no idea if he had any authority to collect fees but I handed off the money and they didn't bother me again except to come up and ask about the bike which I didn't mind. Over all the campground minders and other campers were very friendly. Actually the night I stayed I was totally alone, which made for a nice but short walk up and down the beach (all of 300 meters). During the next morning I figured I would take the initiative and explore around some of the other little beaches just south. There are lots of nice rock formations and little critters but as far as I could tell no other places to camp unless you had a really nice groundcloth and sleeping pads. During my night walk something crawled across my toes and hand me dancing around for a second. There was also a crazy millipede-looking thing in my tent the next morning. I have a very thin sleeping bag and no pad so the surface wasn't comfortable and I was almost too warm. Spring and fall are the best times to go here, but it was good camping even in the heat of summer. Also it was really humid and sticky outside of the tent and there doesn't seem to be any decent cheap place to buy beer nearby.
    One thing I know is that I need a better flashlight. I was relying on a POS light I bought on Russian St. and that turned out to be worthless.

Pictures!
    20120707_053626.jpg20120707_054905.jpg20120707_055512.jpg20120707_061204.jpg20120707_062609.jpg

6. #26 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    Banned
    Big Kawa trail bikes do exist in the motherland, seen near Anjii the other day.
    Attached Images

7. #27 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Nice. That's the Kawasaki KLX250. I wonder how long's it's been in China to be legally plated. Not sure you could get a KLX or KLR plated these days, without making it worth some officials while...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #28 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    Banned
    Always a great afternoon out the motorcycle shops (near Jimbo's Clasiic CJ Shop / Iron Horse Saloon), TP Engineering Beijing is opening a shop in Shanghai as well this year I was told over a few cold beers at IHS yesterday....
    Attached Images

9. #29 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    Banned
    Beijing Goldenport Circuit reminds me of Tianma Track Shanghai, they should freshen up the shops and area a bit........
    Attached Images

10. #30 Re: A day out! - 2012 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Nice. That's the Kawasaki KLX250. I wonder how long's it's been in China to be legally plated. Not sure you could get a KLX or KLR plated these days, without making it worth some officials while...

cheers
    My buddy's been riding his '02 Super Sherpa (KLR) since '06, but it's slowly dying. It is legal SY plated though. We found another '02 at the small market in TEDA - I told him to just buy the second one as a parts bike! As long as the frame and block hold up he should be okay.
    Instagram: #mychinamoto

Jialing JH150GY-3
    QingQi QM70ZK
    Lida LD30-3 - SOLD!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast