Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, but not everywhere! It's not on the BJ list of approved bikes for example, we would have to get it registered in Hebei.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum by ChinaV: "the TGR 250 is not produced/sold anymore". So it's end-of-life, it is only still mentioned by Galaxy's outdated/incorrect English website!
    Whats the information I need to take with me down to the local police to see if I can get this TGR/XTR registered or could it be a case of who you know not what you know.

2. #12 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for info on the panniers.

3. #13 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Whats the information I need to take with me down to the local police to see if I can get this TGR/XTR registered or could it be a case of who you know not what you know.
    I have emailed the people at Galaxy about registration and delivery options. Will let you know what they have to say.

4. #14 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I have emailed the people at Galaxy about registration and delivery options. Will let you know what they have to say.
    So did I.I think we will have more luck if we QQ them.I am reluctant to believe anyone who sells something in China telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14270548993

QQ:2545269(果汁) E-mail:2545269@qq.com

5. #15 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Guru
    Email trade@yinhemotor.com.cn and you'll have a reply within an hour (on working days).

Bigdamo, that indeed is the exact price for the XTR 250 ADV they quoted me.
    ADV RMB 14.800, Enduro RMB 12.800, extra complete set of wheels RMB 2.450 (set of supermotard wheels for example)
    I emailed with them last month, so trust me on those prices. Delivery time is 1 week they say!
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

6. #16 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Email trade@yinhemotor.com.cn and you'll have a reply within an hour (on working days).

Bigdamo, that indeed is the exact price for the XTR 250 ADV they quoted me.
    ADV RMB 14.800, Enduro RMB 12.800, extra complete set of wheels RMB 2.450 (set of supermotard wheels for example)
    I emailed with them last month, so trust me on those prices. Delivery time is 1 week they say!
    I am dubious as to whether it can be registered.

7. #17 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I just heard back from Galaxy:

"For domestic sales, the price for the ADV XTR250 is RMB14800. For the registration, our bike is no problem everywhere in China because it meets C3 standard. But you need to ask the local department and make clear which documents you need to prepare. For normal Chinese, we need to have a ID card."

Sounds promising, but double check with the local "department" (Transport Department?) in your area as the guy says. I had heard from some of my chinese colleagues that the max sized engine that can be registered in my area is 125cc. However, none of them have much to do with bikes and they don't seem very sure about it.

8. #18 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hey Wolfman, I've also had problems getting much useful info out of the average local Chinese folks, mostly it's along the lines of "I think the motorcycle is very dangerous, bus is very convenient" and I drop the issue.
    Having traveled around Dalian a little I've only seen one "no motorbike" sign and on the same road I saw the two biggest, nicest bikes I've seen here! (Check out the guy on tiptoes) Don't worry about getting hassled here, I'm not sure about the rest of Liaoning. I was asked by an officer once if I was a foreigner and if the bike was mine and I said it was showed him the registration and went on my way.
    I'll be in this area in July (in fact, I had been thinking of riding from here down to Weihai and around Shandong!
    Have you got any firm dates on when you plan to be coming through? Where are you thinking of buying the bike? Are you planing to ride more than on this trip?

20120312_131932.jpg

9. #19 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Maux. That is great info about riding in Dalian. I feel much better about riding through there. I'm waiting for work to finalise the dates for the summer break before settling on dates for the trip but am expecting to be in Dalian around the 1st of July. I discovered a few local bike shops by accident on the weekend and may buy one here. I'm interested in any opinions on possibly using a HJ150-19C for my trip. I have read nothing but great things about both the 19A and 19C models and was impressed after seeing/hearing one in the shop on sunday. The tank size is excellent and the bike seemed to be made of quality components. My only concerns are - will it carry me (85kg) and my luggage around ok and will it handle uneven (possibly very uneven) road surfaces. The local dealer quoted 8300RMB for the 19C with side/top luggage racks installed. I think I can barter her down to 8100 or 8200.

10. #20 Re: Exploring Northeatern China this summer...............but first need the machine! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Does anyone have any experience with the Shineray XY150-17A? Seems durable and has a decent fuel tank. Is there a thread on it here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast