So the other day I went into Kawasaki to buy a Ninja 250 for $3800 that I had talked them down to over the phone. I was rather excited as I sat down to sign some papers and leave with my new bike.... I added on $900 worth of safety gear... and... when we got down to final price after TTL and "shipping and handling" fees as they called it... I was looking at a $6500 price tag. I was angered... and I decided to pass.

When I got home I looked up online... and found the "Roketa Jinlun MC 113" 250cc chinese bikes... and this led me to this forum and I figured I would get the advice of the forum on which cheapy to buy that will be most reliable / fun.

I've never ridden before and I'm wanting to learn. I was considering buying this little 250cc roketa mc 113 for $1600 or so... riding it for 6 months... and then selling it to buy a ninja 650.

So what do you guys think I should do? Buy this MC113 then sell it and buy the ninja?

Buy a chinese bike that is a 650 and just keep it.

Buy another type of 250CC or so that is a better buy than the MC 113?

My fears are it breaking down immediately upon opening it as they are rather cheap bikes..... How many miles should I expect out of them if driven gently? What about if driven roughly?

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

I currently live in USA Texas. I just realized this forum might not be domestic.