Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    I would call this f’d up…..that they actually detail such things.

You can title a 1963-1985 year model vehicles if:
    1) you have a title issued in your name; (seems redundant)
    2) the owner on the front of the title has assigned the title to you; (kind of obvious… signed over )
    3) the owner on the front of the title has assigned the title to a dealer and the dealer has assigned the title to you. ( would this be like buying a trade in?)

You can not title a 1963-1985 year model vehicle if:
    1) the vehicle has been registered in someone else's name(s) other than the owner(s) shown on the face of the Georgia title. (makes you wonder how the F they got it registered if they did not have the title, can I get plates for my neighbors car in Georgia?)

???????

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/T...dAGATitle.aspx

They do not require a title for an ATV or Dirt bikes in Georgia, unless of course you buy a $10,000 Polaris and finance it. I am sure they have some real convoluted conversations trying to explain why you need a title and why the lien is registered against it and why the bank would require insurance on the vehicle. I am sure some in the Peach Tree State would say its like communism with all the rules.

2. #12 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks fort the help MJH, and DB34 are the 4th thru 7th of the Vin AIZDB34**************IMG_0488.jpg

3. #13 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Damn, that picture reminds me of Slim Pickins in Dr Strangelove!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #14 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 

5. #15 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    The prices are very steep on that site..

I think it is cool that they online vendors are offering a sort of part supply for some of their offerings. I like the format of the site but the prices are too high!

6. #16 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    C-Moto Noob
    I like the analogy euphonius, that is my brother. He purchased the DB-34 parts thinking they were KTM-65 parts because there were 5 KTM manuals there.
    I saw the KTM parts were a hot on ebay and he does not, nor wants to use a computer. This is where is I started to discover Chinese Bikes in USA, with the
    help of some really knowledgeable people on this site.
    He now has a car tire on the rear and trailer hitch with which to pull a small pop-up camper.
    He will also be hauling a small boat when he is done to Mexico Beach Florida with wife and grandson in tow.
    Installation of a horse saddle is next, I cant wait to get a pic too share.
    In the last four years he has in the neck of 60k on the Valkyrie. about 40k of those with grandson, now age 5, and that is no b/s.
    Sturgis, Dragons Tail, and 2 weeks ago Dayton bike week and Florida Keys with grandson, the grandson did not make Sturgis.

7. #17 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    Just up till 2010 the VTX and Goldwing were manufactured in the USA, at a plant in Marysville OH.
    That same plant manufactured the first Honda in the USA a CR250R in September 1979. Honda moved production to Japan, they no longer manufacture motorcycles in the US.

8. #18 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    C-Moto Noob
    That is spooky, the Dragons Tail is in Maryville Tennessee where my brother laid that 1997 GL1500CT down and took out the windshield headfirst.
    He has family that works at a store there, I believe the bottom end of the tail. He had even told his wife that day "I am probably going to lay it down today" He is gung ho! and knew he was going to push it hard. While typing this I am ordering a windshield for his bike #64100-mz0-700.
    While in central Florida in a huge traffic jam he told me of many a Harley that overheated, he loves the reliable Valkyrie. Apparently a Fla. cop chased a Harley rider too his death, which they are not supposed to do because high rates of innocent civilians dying in the process.
    He took his cycle up the emergency lane where he could see police were working to cover any and all evidence of misbehavior and thus the traffic jam.
    They were actually changing the crash scene covering up the skid marks etc.

9. #19 Re: How do Identify chinese motorcycles 
    I can attest to that, the new Harleys do overheat, they stall out at low RPM thats when it happens on hot days.

People at the Marysville plant were sad to see the motorcycle production leave, but Honda brought the Acura NSX to them so they got something new in its place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12