Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Tips for Galaxy XTR250 ADV 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everybody,

it's my first post in this forum, though I've been following it on-off for about half a year already.
    I'm looking to buy a bike in Beijing and despite visiting several bike shops, I've yet to find a suitable bike (for a suitable price) and I'm still not sold on buying a second-hand bike without ownership papers.

Hence the choice has come down to (somehow) ordering a Galaxy XTR 250 (ADV) or a Yamaha YBR 250. Both have received a lot of good reviews on this forum. I have a fair share of riding experience on 250cc motards and 600cc street bikes but in PRC I'm looking for one I could enjoy riding in the provinces around BJ. The XTR would be preferred for its price and it being a more robust bike to begin with, though the "the YBR doesn't disappoint" and could probably handle 95% of the roads I would like to take.

To get to my question: Does anybody know where I could try (or at least mount) the XTR and/or the YBR in BJ? The shops in Dongfeng nan lu (which has the new Benelli BJ600GS on show, if anyone's interested), Lvying Dajie and Jiugong dong lu have neither. Or could anyone recommend a trustworthy dealer for ordering either of them? Despite my local moto license I've yet to buy a bike here, hai you wo zhongwen bu tai hao.

All hints and tips appreciated.

2. #2 Re: Tips for Galaxy XTR250 ADV 
    Welcome to the forum.

As a matter of fact I myself just placed an order for a Shineray XY250, aka x2x. One of MCM members filed an evaluation report on it previously:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?1770-Shineray-XY250GY-2-(aka-X2)&highlight=xy250

The same bike is on sale right now:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?4240-Shineray-X2-250cc-for-Sale-in-China-legal-plated-amp-insured-ready-to-explore-China!
    This used bike appears in good shape and rather tempting. Unfortunately I couldn't register it in Shanghai.

My purchase decision for x2x was made after extensive review of reports on Galaxy bikes from various forums, including those published in this one. The are just too many bad reviews on Galaxy XTR in some of the Chinese bike forums that I decided not to go with it. The XTR ADV was the one I was looking at seriously before. x2x definitely has better components, which obviously translates into more money as well.

I currently own a JH600, which is a fun bike to ride except its heavy weight of around 200kg. It is a very comfortable bike and reasonably reliable once you have its ECU problems sorted. This smaller new x2x will be used for shorter distance or more challenging terrains.

Cheers.