Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi, I ride a Sundiro Honda CBF150 

Last edited by ZMC888; 10-24-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Welcome to the board man! Would love to know more about your history of riding n China like qwere you've been, what you're doing in ShanDong and how you like you bike. Pics are also always welcome!

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Thanks Carl, I ride roads around Shandong, and I ride road style. I love super twisty tight mountain roads where I can scrape pegs at 30-50 kms Suits a small lightweight bike from 125-250cc singles usually. These days I ride where I know mostly as I know enough good roads for fun. Can't go on mega rides across China as I have wife and kid (but I'd still love to)

I haven't really done any riding outside of Shandong, but have ridden in lots of other countries such as India, Thailand, Australia and NZ.

I'm really keen on mountain biking too, any questions drop me a pm.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 10-24-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Left out information

My (Sundiro) Honda CBF150 with aftermarket muffler and air filter, not super quick, but handles like a dream and is forgiving too!

Knee down practice at about 30kmh, empty road.

Chinese motorcycle meeting and rally in Shandong 2007.

My favorite kind of road, with motorcycle in foreground.

Hope you can see these photos, if not will post to links elsewhere.

ZMC,

Took a few minutes to check out your videos. Do you do the editing and such yourself? Reminds me that pretty much anywhere you ride in Chinese cities looks the same...wild! Only time you get some variation is in the countryside.

Putting things together from different posts, am I to understand that you've done 40,000kms in China over the past six years entirely in the Shandong province?

CC

Carl, I do all the video editing myself using Adobe Premiere Elements, it's good fun.

Yes, I have ridden entirely in Shandong at the times I have been inside China, for the past 6 years! Maybe it's because I had been previously travelling around the world for the 10 years before that I must have lost some wonderlust along the way. Plus I know from experience that to get to somewhere nice you need to tough it out along long straight, dusty, dangerous, truck and car congested industrial hell-hole main roads.

Having said that I'd love to ride in more areas, but I feel I'd need an endro style bike 200cc or more, a GPS, time and no commitments, none of which I have.

GPS can be obtained or borrowed and don't forget you can stick bikes on trains!

CC

8. #8 Re: Hi, I ride a Sundiro Honda CBF150 
    Hey bro, I've got the extact same bike even same color, I'm living in Beijing, I have a few questions that really need to ask about this bike:
    how you did the break in? in now on 500km done, can't wait to try it at top speed, hehe, how long did you wait for that?
    I can see that you did some tuning on your bike, what wheels you got now? I want to change the back wheel to the front 90-90-18 and a new 100-90-18 on the back, what do you think about that? I hope not to loose power with the change.
    you change the pipe and air filter? you get better performance?
    what the top speed on this bike?
    I'll be so thankful for your anwers!
    well, if you ever feel like chating here is my msn: gaby_lanus11@hotmail.com

9. #9 Re: Hi, I ride a Sundiro Honda CBF150 
    Costerito, some of this I said in a PM: This is actually my old bike. It's a fantastically reliable bike, the guy I sold it to is going back to the states, I might buy it back from him! Although I'd love Sundiro Honda to manufacture the CBF250 again, and in China, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, especially if they could get the price right, as Yamaha have failed to do with their YBR250, which is way too expensive IMO.

Break it in how you mean to ride it the rest of it's life, but change the oil often! Bike should be fully run in by 1000 kms. First oil change at 200kms, if you haven't done it, do it now!

Top speed is an indicated 123kmh, red line in 5th gear.

If you change the exhaust you'll probably only loose torque and gain minimal power, so probably not worth it, unless you can do it really well with a good quality smaller sized muffler maybe designed for a CBR125 or similar. It is worth changing to a Japanese NGK spark and maybe balance the carb to run on 97 fuel, with a clip on air filter and remove any heavy stuff like the center stand. I'd find lower bars and find old CBR pegs for the bike too, maybe there is some old race stuff around at Tianma circuit in Shanghai, as there was or maybe still is a Chinese CBF150 championship.

Changing the tires to bigger sizes may just harm the handling or slow down the top speed, personally I'd keep the tire sizes stock, as in I'm from the UK, we believe that you shouldn't change the stock tire sizes and try to run the same brand and pattern front and rear. I might suggest you could think about going for Sakura instead of the Duro, or use imported western Michelin or Bridgestone. I could knee down easily slow speed on the Duro's no problems though.

10. #10 Re: Hi, I ride a Sundiro Honda CBF150 
    C-Moto Noob
    These CBF150 are great little bikes, we'd using them for Training courses allover the country for Sundiro Honda since 2009 and they just never broke down.
    You can see some of our training events here :
    http://www.bg-performance.com/2006/p...ews.asp?id=234

We'll be doing another 2 more big group trainings for Sundiro and another 3 for Wuyang Honda this year with WUyang's Honda 125 cc bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Costerito, some of this I said in a PM: This is actually my old bike. It's a fantastically reliable bike, the guy I sold it to is going back to the states, I might buy it back from him! Although I'd love Sundiro Honda to manufacture the CBF250 again, and in China, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, especially if they could get the price right, as Yamaha have failed to do with their YBR250, which is way too expensive IMO.

Break it in how you mean to ride it the rest of it's life, but change the oil often! Bike should be fully run in by 1000 kms. First oil change at 200kms, if you haven't done it, do it now!

Top speed is an indicated 123kmh, red line in 5th gear.

If you change the exhaust you'll probably only loose torque and gain minimal power, so probably not worth it, unless you can do it really well with a good quality smaller sized muffler maybe designed for a CBR125 or similar. It is worth changing to a Japanese NGK spark and maybe balance the carb to run on 97 fuel, with a clip on air filter and remove any heavy stuff like the center stand. I'd find lower bars and find old CBR pegs for the bike too, maybe there is some old race stuff around at Tianma circuit in Shanghai, as there was or maybe still is a Chinese CBF150 championship.

Changing the tires to bigger sizes may just harm the handling or slow down the top speed, personally I'd keep the tire sizes stock, as in I'm from the UK, we believe that you shouldn't change the stock tire sizes and try to run the same brand and pattern front and rear. I might suggest you could think about going for Sakura instead of the Duro, or use imported western Michelin or Bridgestone. I could knee down easily slow speed on the Duro's no problems though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast