Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Lexmoto LSM 125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lexmoto LSM 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi All,

Just after some advice.

I'm looking at picking up a Lexmoto LSM 125 from a local dealer, bike looks good but wanted to know how reliable / well build the bike is? iv had a really rubbish GY125 that had brittle plastics, vibrated real bad (like unbalanced engine) and rusted loads so hope the China bikes have become better over the years? (that Gy125 was about 7 years ago)

Also, dealer sites say top speed is around 60MPH, seems pretty underpowered for a 125, any way to keep the acceleration and improve top end? maybe bolt on a 200 top end?

Cheers

Steve

2. #2 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    hey steve and welcome to MCM

from what iv seen the Lexmoto LSM 125 is mostly sold with a Jinashe built under yamaha license YBR 125 engine, but some have been sold using a suzuki license EN125 engine

i havnt heard the best things about it but if you got for a AJS JSM 125 they have a better reliability from word of mouth from a dealer who actually gives me a real opinion on build quality of the bikes available, it should do atleast 65<68ish mph but does depend on your weight, the engine used can be made to pump 15bhp instead of 11bhp Rieju did it with there RS2 125 sports bike using a mikuni 24mm carb to extract some more 00mph
    i was impressed enough to put a order down for a AJS JSM 125 but i got a good deal with my Rieju marathon Pro 125 SM so changed my order
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJS-JSM-12...item3371ab5d7b
    hope this helps
    Kennon

3. #3 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    Big bore kits for YBR125 & clones: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14125240600
    Piston = 57.4mm for GY6

4. #4 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for they reply, that garage is only 30 miles away so think i will drive up and see the bike. think i will fit the carb if i get it :)

Thanks

Sketch

5. #5 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    i would call pbmotorcycles up to ask if they have one in stock the 50cc is exactly the same size so if they dont have the 125 in stock you can still see the build quality and how the comfort levels are for you, they offer very good service iv had my bike nearly a year and no problems what so ever even after doing a few modifications they will keep their word about the waranty

Kennon

6. #6 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks, I think a 50 would be a but slow for me as I was looking to do a few tweaks to get bike to sit at 70 (maybe sprocket, card, end can and up jet)?

Seems a few hundred more then the LSM and they look like they use the same engine and share most parts, does anyone know the difference in terms of build quality ect?

7. #7 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    i was suggesting the 50 so you can get to to see how the bike is if they dont have the 125, but then could always order the 125, if oyur paying a lower price your normally paying for abit less in some aspects there is a review of a lexmoto LSM on here

8. #8 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    a AJS JSM 125 they have a better reliability from word of mouth
    The AJS JSM 125 and Lexmoto LSM 125 both come from exactly the same supplier in China. http://www.hanwaymotor.com/ they are sometimes referred to as Dafier. The only difference is panels and the LSM 125 now has a digital speedo and a non painted exhaust.

9. #9 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    they may come from the same manufacturer but quality depends on how much they are willing to pay the company
    there are two engine varients for my bike mine has the italian built minarelli/yamaha liquid cooled engine and the cheaper varient has a chinese built zhongshen engine if you price lower the quality is most probably abit less than the higher priced version

Kennon

10. #10 Re: Lexmoto LSM 125 
    C-Moto Regular
    That is true. The Lexmoto is ordered as the 'High spec build' and the AJS as the 'Standard spec Build'. Take what you will from that. The difference in price can occur from varing factors. Lexmoto and Pulse tend to achieve better rates due to higher volume orders and difference in packaging (Lexmoto have wheels off and suspension dropped to reduce shipping space/ AJS are fully assembled by the factory and sent in larger boxes). An extra 10/15 bikes to a 40ft container certainly helps the pricing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast