Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob PaulTheDevil's Avatar
    euphonius, i was hoping i could find someone moving on n letting it go, just a punt. but after not being able to ride(or walk) for 5 years . i will do anything to get mounted again.
    and about the cost n getting threatened for my plate. it just goes with the territory. paid a lot more for a lot less n been threatened for less before. 'shit append'...........
    but as you said its no use to no one without the docs. I'm more worried about getting my ride stolen, or more so what would happen if i caught them in the act ..hahahaha

the truth is i live in central sh but can get n would go with a C licence, if i could be sure its just a fine and not fine and points for riding inner ring. and if i was parked they wouldn't impound my bike. if i could be sure of this then i will get a C. cos 8k ish for an C plus 20 x 200Y fine is still a lot less than 60k for an A....
    i can even get an out of town plate for 200. but i found out i can't ride anywhere n if i do they impound it n send it back to the city its reg in. bugger.....

at the end of the day its about riding... so this is just a distraction.. a very expensive one, but when i looked in jan it was 52k last year 45k now 65k....to me thats a damn site more than u get in the bank.. i now its a risk as is everything. but you got to 'stand for something or you'll fall for anything'

2. #12 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTheDevil View Post
    i can even get an out of town plate for 200.....
    Watch out with fake taobao plates and rego......

3. #13 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    cheers for the heads up, but i can get local and regional thru certain friends n family. locals get a lot of things done, but bitch just the same about the price of plates. a lot use out of town plates on the cars, but not many use bikes except the weekend harley types, like a a couple of friends who bike out to their yachts at the weekend, and i guess they don't need to worry about the cost .....

4. #14 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    bi guys any one got any news on any plate for sale ????
    Hi Paul

sorry to upset you but just got my bike plates today in yantai with insureance for 245 rmb bike is a 250cc as well insurance cover is damage to other people all covered my bike covered for 2000 rmb 10,000 rmb hospital cover 110,000 rmb death cover
    all for 245 rmb breakdown is bike docs and plate 125 RMB insureance 120 RMB ??? maybe move here and buy a flat as well and still have money left out of the 68,000 ...... just looked at the doc bike only have a life of 13 years cant use after 2025 .... maybe this is ok for some of the cheap shit bike you can get in china but i laid out for a good make CFMOTO

5. #15 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    ...... just looked at the doc bike only have a life of 13 years cant use after 2025 ....
    Really? I assumed everywhere was 11 years (Beijing). Yantai is 13?

I wonder what others are?

6. #16 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    Just saw this thread, I completely missed it before.
    Paul, we already started to "talk" by PM, and I will send you a new one in a few minutes : please know I'm indeed selling the bike + the Shanghai Hu A plates as soon as I'm back in town (we're right now in Qingdao, Shandong), which will be around June 15th.

As for everything to be perfectly clear and transparent, I think I'll ask a very reasonable price for the bike considering our perfect condition : RMB 15,000 (bought new at 23,500 RMB less than 1 year ago, and the bike will have around 16,000km on the clock when we're back in Shanghai.

Soberpete may even attest to the very good and smooth running of the bike, as we swapped no sooner than yesterday for a while !

I'll PM you now.

Cheers,

Edit : oh and before anyone ask : I'm selling the bike and the plates after the round-China trip just because we're leaving China on July 1st : I got a very good job offer back in France, and after 10 years in China, I think it is time for me to go home ! The round-China trip was kind of our "good-bye trip" to China.
    Anyway as I promised before, I'll post a full ride report here with lots of pics ! And I'll continue to ride in France, of course !

Fred

7. #17 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    prince, good for you matey . i really not upset if you can get a ride and legit for your coin. its all good. we just have different ideas on what we want and what is good n necessary.
    i am happy with what i have and what i want and i clearly see you are ecstatic with your choice. so happy trails and keep the rubber side down.

8. #18 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    hi
    thanks to anyone who read,or helped with a dice and offers. but i bit the bullet and bought a plate. passed test and legal rider.

IF ANYONE WANTS HELP IN PASSING MULTI CHOICE TEST JUST ASK. I HAVE A FEW LISTS AND WEB PAGES AND FRIENDS WHO HELPED ME WHO ARE WILLING TO HELP OTHERS.SOME FREE SOME CHARGE, BUT THE ADVICE AND 'QUESTION PATTERNS' ETC I DEVISED ARE FREE.

i applied on 14/6 and was given 4/7 as earliest date, but after my friend heard she spoke to her and got me tests on the 14/6-15/6-18/6 each day,she also obtained all my paperwork for me.including the medical!!!! i took my test without looking at the questions and got 82%. i spoke to a guy who runs an english speaking driven agency,who happens to be the husband of one of the officers on duty,he doesn't really like western clients because they let him down and mess him about, but he agreed if i can send him some guys he can help train and pass anyone,but he is a business so a reduced rate but not free..sorry.....

other officers directed us outside to the shops to buy the 300 bank questions they use for 500y....DO NOT DO THIS it is a con, the national data base is random,comprised of all the questions.

anywho. after taking advice i refined my revision based on his webbsite,found all the patterns and all the rules he has listed and made some lists. this way i did not even have to read the questions just look for key words and answers and its easy.

i studied for 6 hours. 1 day, next day went back in 15mins passed 99%.
    another guy went in before me,came out long after and told me he got 81% on his 4th attempt. i gave him my paperwork and details of the web.(sorry i only had a 1 week key.) he emailed me this week and told me his next test he got 96%. happy bunny

if i get time i will list the patters and the rules,but as i gave him my notes and i don't have access to the web it could be difficult,and long winded. but i can still help where possible.
    good riding and stay rubber side down.
    paul

9. #19 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    just a pick of the bike, bit smaller than I'm used to and a lot lot slower, but does the job and cost next to nowt, so gonna get a lot of improvements and some matching luggage. I'm just happy to be mobile no more no less. its just about riding...

photo1.jpg

10. #20 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    just a pick of the bike, bit smaller than I'm used to and a lot lot slower, but does the job and cost next to nowt, so gonna get a lot of improvements and some matching luggage. I'm just happy to be mobile no more no less. its just about riding...

photo1.jpg
    Congrats on the Regal Raptor purchase... I can't tell from the photo but is it a DD250 or 350cc?

I rode one round here that a local dealer had got in for a foreigner who'd paid a deposit but then backed out at the time when he was meant to collect it and pay the balance. I didn't know the guy personally but a mutual acquaintance invited me to come look at if it for him, as he had little to noot motorcycle experience. He actually wanted to buy it to then strip out the motor and tranny and use the rolling chassis as the basis for a e-bike. Go figure. Anyway he decided on a Regal Raptor 150 standard style bike. He had no license or anything and wasn't planning to license it. He ended up riding it, and some of his friends too without plate or insurance - just asking for trouble and worse makes it worse for the rest of us.

Well now I along with the rest of the MCM crew I'm sure wait for review...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast