Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob PaulTheDevil's Avatar
    hi matey
    its a 350cc but feels more like a 300. not sure cos i really never rode anything less than gt550, and that was at 16. and never a cruiser. unless u class a z1300 6 cyl kwaker a cruiser. and really most my bikes been nutter kilo racer things. even my bike i bought for passing my test was the first ever restricted 125cc bikes to reach 120mph.. it was a honda mbx125 that was 'stan stevens' tuned. (had the same bore n stoke as a rg500 suki ) it was featured in MCN and rode around donington by the legendary 'rocket' ron haslam and speed timed to 128mph. i would love to say i did all that but no... i bought it pre slippy from sm racing in peterborough. i had it rebored and stretched some more to up it to 140mph then got bored myself haha with it and sold it cos i also had a gikser and wanted a z1000....but i digress.

the bike is actually solid. not welded very pretty but got some nice bits on it. stops well and suspension is actually quite good.
    TYRES ARE A DEATH TRAP. some non-discript ying yang crap.that in the wet actually feel like they are flat.... totally swopping for some bridget bt102 or whatever is available here. but bugger they gorra go. i been riding one thing or another for close to 40 o my tender 44 yr, and i never wore a tyre out on the centre before the edges, but these things will kill you on a straight road but try taking a bend it will murder you your family and go find your dog and murder it too. seriously bad. they actually tracked round a drain cover today and when i went down the ramp which was less moist than a 50 year old nun,and it tried to chuck me off all the way. i scared the security guard to death cos i cracked the throttle and punched it sideways round the turn cos i was gonna just pile straight into his booth thing. hilarious, i dunno what chinese is for 'i just shit my pants' but i think i just heard it.

there are some good rear mirrors on it to. stable and good non reflection. (my taiwanese wife actually asked me why i looked back over my shoulder ,in UK its called a ''life saver'' and you actually fail your test for missing just 1, instead of just using my mirror.) the seat is good and as i have a shoulder issue its amazing i can ride for a while on it. vibration isn't a bad as some say, its like a 3 speed rabbit when you let it gallop,(so i been told..the rabbit) but you can still use the mirrors and control it comfortably. maybe the slightly larger engine makes it ok , but it is heavy so i dunno. i found it ok.
    it is all steel,no flimsy plastics or pressed ally nonsense, it really is steel and more steel. so when i event;ly get sliced and can't stop and clobber sumat i hope its not a volvo cos anything else will come off worse. i on the other hand will be dead but shit appens.

the electrics are all solid,wet or dry. and they are well thought out, including places to plug direct into a charger for the battery,places to add alarms and a circuit dedicated for the ciggy lighter power adapter job,so i was told.
    when i bought it it kept flashing the 'efi' light. it turned out the alternator thingy was cock.so it was replaced and als fine now. dealer sorted it and came to me to replace it. now i know some will say oh look broken already ,chinese crap etc etc.... i have had a merc 36amg delivered and 2 days later the auto boot failed and 2 weeks later the syncro went in 6th gear, 2 gearbox replacements later and i got fed up with all the crap... so it happens ok.
    other than that light are ok and indicators clear and usable. bit too flexible so will get some led. 2 things not on, that i don't like are they don't self cancel or activate a noise if left on...not that i too. ahem.. and the side stand doesn't cut the engine if you engage gear whilst its down.. the bracket mount is there for it but ''it'' is non existent.. guess only on the export models ehh. again done that once and i can assure you when you do it once you NEVER EVER do it again. i never ever got the smell out those trousers.... jeers

im not an accessory type guy, so ill add what i want to make it mine but no bling or toss, i will be adding the obligatory HD logo but its gonna say

HARDLY DAVIDSON

not a typo, just i think its funny.
    i have however just ordered some matchin white n black stripe pannys so i can go away.
    T1seubXe4EXXXibgPa_121236.jpg

and will also remove the cat,cos its just a bolted in piece o pipe with does restrict its breathing and looks ugly, and i keep catching my feet on the flange.
    also the pipes keep the side stand low,and i keep grinding it, so that so i gotta move that in a bit. or stop getting lost and doing u turns...

but seriously. i cannot fault it. i really can't. great value for money. the dealer is seriously good, cannot do enough for me. and although he is the only official peaugot dealer , he had no problem in ordering and reg this for me nd my mates benelli 600. i think when i do get my brace o Harleys , i may even go thru him,cos he was able to help ''hide'' some o the charges and get the bike for lower than taoboa. ret. 28k he was nearer 21k . even sourced gen,shoei helmets as well. (i think he also wears his pants outside his trousers and an S on his chest, not sure but just a hunch )

ok nuf said. it does what it says on the tin, cost very little, delivers a lot for the coin. and i had nothing but low expectations and it has delivers high on most everything. so it is what it is. a cheap chinese bike that i can get my leg over and don't have to bend down or stretch my arm to ride. looks ok and sound ok and the rest is yet to be seen. so if anyone wanters to ride and is genuine and not a ''shanghai disease'' motobike convert, i would love to get together and go visit places.

2. #22 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Paul,

Congratulations on the new Raptor, and good decision to work with Yang Jie and his Peugeot shop, which is called Shanghai Huageng Motorcycles. They are very good people there, and do work that is thorough and professional at a reasonable price.

If you don't mind my asking, which plate did you go for -- the 沪A or 沪C -- and what did it set you back. We've heard plate prices have softened a bit in the past month, so hope you got a bit lucky.

Ride safe!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #23 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    hey euphonius,
    it was an A plate. i paid an all in price inc bike etc etc , but i think i paid around 68k. my friend bought another the next week and paid same. i gonna buy another cos i have info to say it will be around 10k by the end o year and...the gov are gonna rule that only owners of bikes can buy plates and have to register it direct to another bike in there name in transfer,this is to try to stop the price climbing out of control... with seems strange considering the whole idea is to stop bikes fully.... instead it helps everyone out....dont figure..
    old enough to know better but young enough not to care

4. #24 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTheDevil View Post
    paid around 68k...will be around 10k by the end o year....
    mate, better wait to buy a plate if your info is spot on..... highly doubt it though.....

5. #25 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTheDevil View Post
    hey euphonius,
    ...i gonna buy another cos i have info to say it will be around 10k by the end o year...
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    mate, better wait to buy a plate if your info is spot on..... highly doubt it though.....
    perhaps he meant 100K not 10K

6. #26 Re: wanted shanghai plate .either is ok 
    yup my mind goes back n forth between gbp n yuan..
    old enough to know better but young enough not to care

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123