Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Tourfella panniers - Upholstering 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Yup - that's the ticket. Probably made out of Cordura, like the stuff back packs are made from. I've seen this material in the market. You could probably print out these pics and take them to a shop to custom-make something.

2. #12 Re: Tourfella panniers - Upholstering 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thanks Euphonius, obviously I'm aware of those bags. One of my favorite threads so

Don't your bags wear off at certain locations, due to parts slightly sticking out inside the panniers?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

3. #13 Re: Tourfella panniers - Upholstering 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thanks Euphonius, obviously I'm aware of those bags. One of my favorite threads so

Don't your bags wear off at certain locations, due to parts slightly sticking out inside the panniers?
    Actually, I've not used them excessively, as I've been in non-rider mode for more than a year due to an injury. There is some friction when you take them in and out of the panniers, and the main points of friction, as you've correctly surmised, are the screw plates that hold the panniers to the frame. Just try not to cram them too full. Or perhaps install a smooth and semirigid/flexible cover over the screw plates to isolate them from the bags.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #14 Re: Tourfella panniers - Upholstering 
    Hey guys, listen, I need to pickup on this old thread pertaining to Tourfella panniers. Currently on Taobao there are many copycat variations on the Tourfella boxes. I am outfitting my new GW250 with boxes and wanted to buy the black tourfella or the best clone. Any input on the "Sevens" and others like them? Are they in fact clones or just Tourfella "version 2"? Regardless, I could use input on recent purchases of all similar aluminum types (specifically black to go on the black bike. I am looking for the smaller volume sizes (maybe 32L) as I want to keep the weight down and I am just looking to take weekend trips in surrounding Beijing hills and mountains.
    2014 GW250S (local)
    2013 Street Glide (States)
    2007 Road King Custom (States)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12