Sounds pretty normal for a China bike. the only surprise is the price.

My 2009 Regal Raptor DD250G-2

1. Rebuilt exhaust system because original wasn't properly attached and was heavily restricted, took about a month a a bunch of failed attempts.
2. Rear brake died, replaced rotor and master cylinder and caliper, re-bled whole system.
3. Engine bolts and engine onto frame bolts were too loose from new caused a crack in engine casing and frame, welded.
4. Electrical system always has something wrong with it, currently no brake lights or signals, probably only fuses, but who knows?
5. Rev counter and fuel gauge never work, speedo now works since I dumped oil down the cable, kilometers have been stuck on 17,000 for the last year.
6. Fork oil leak.
7. Suspension has no damping at all.
8. Ignition failed, replaced.
9. Regal Raptor spares non-existent, unless ordered from them for too much.
10. Original brake pads like wood replaced, but brakes are average anyhow.
11. Small engine oil leak from magneto side.
12. Original grips like marble, replaced with nice grippy grips.
13. Battery did a year, replaced.
14. Front and rear registration hangers fell of, rear taking mudguard with it.

To do now: Re-weld exhaust again, fix electrical system, clean carb, rebuild air system, buy new mirrors, get new tacho cluster, source brakes that stop me better or quit and get new machine.

What's OK: Wheels, carbs, seat, fuel tank, headlight, clip-ons, swing arm (but showing its age now), horn, tires. I paid 10,000 and 300 for registration. Bike will probably be a throw away junk heap by next year, even with lots of TLC, 4 years 40,000 kms. Never a China bike again, unless some joint venture bike with positive reports. I feel for you Steve, you shouldn't have paid over 14,000 for your bike.