Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Deom2i View Post
    seriously guys im confused!!
    Whats going on here..lol.
    Is the Technology (EFI) on the bike no that good?
    Sorry, got a bit carried away...

Chinese EFI is not proven

Galaxy tried first on their 233cc engine and failed (search the forum for an Andy guy, he got burned badly).
    Jialing (JH600) had enourmous problems with their EFI - that got solved finally, but reluctantly. Not sure how owners in other countries ever got theirs fixed, if at all.

No expierences on the 250 watercoled engine (Yingang/Shineray) yet - the original Honda NX250/AX1 was carbed (afaik), so nothing to carbon copy from.

Only proven EFI bikes in China are Joint Venture bikes, foreign branded, eg. YBR250.

EFI relies on software - there is not much good Chinese software out there, especially not from local companies. Maybe they should ask the their Billion neighbour nation to the west...

2. #12 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555
    Originally Posted by Deom2i
    seriously guys im confused!!
    Whats going on here..lol.
    Is the Technology (EFI) on the bike no that good?
    Sorry, got a bit carried away...

Chinese EFI is not proven

Galaxy tried first on their 233cc engine and failed (search the forum for an Andy guy, he got burned badly).
    Jialing (JH600) had enourmous problems with their EFI - that got solved finally, but reluctantly. Not sure how owners in other countries ever got theirs fixed, if at all.

No expierences on the 250 watercoled engine (Yingang/Shineray) yet - the original Honda NX250/AX1 was carbed (afaik), so nothing to carbon copy from.

Only proven EFI bikes in China are Joint Venture bikes, foreign branded, eg. YBR250.

EFI relies on software - there is not much good Chinese software out there, especially not from local companies. Maybe they should ask the their Billion neighbour nation to the west...
    Andre555 is exactly right. No one is saying that the EFI on the Yinggang is bad. More it is just that the probability that the EFI is rubbish and that the wise might want to do their research. Big companies like Honda spend a great deal of money making sure that their EFI is perfect. Different humidity, atmospheric pressure, user modifications etc etc all have to be taken into account, yet companies like Ducati and BMW still have glitches and occasional flat spots.

Having said all that, the CFMoto 600 must have EFI and is a four cylinder bike, and Chinese, yet I have ridden it and noticed no fueling issues, therefore it must be possible for a Chinese company to do these days, but most likely by copying or buying in outside technology.

3. #13 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    Having said all that, the CFMoto 600 must have EFI and is a four cylinder bike, and Chinese, yet I have ridden it and noticed no fueling issues, therefore it must be possible for a Chinese company to do these days, but most likely by copying or buying in outside technology.[/QUOTE]

Yingang quote: 4 years of working on the bike,11 years of working on the engine.
    250cc DOHC 4V, water cooling, 6 speeds, Electrical Fuel Injection.
    Lets cross our fingers and see how this EFI on yingang performs.

4. #14 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    I had problems with Indian pulsar 220 EFI moto, it also burned me badly.
    I had to change to carburetor version. They where stopped due to customer complains within a year.
    This EFI if not turned well can lead to headache and lots of time wasting on working on it, dam softwares!!

One more problem, local mechanic see EFI system as an alien device..

5. #15 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by Deom2i View Post

One more problem, local mechanic see EFI system as an alien device..
    This could be a problem! However, mechanics can adapt. As good looking as the Yingang looks, Deom2i, I would not consider it unless you don't mind paying to do their R&D

6. #16 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    efi is an alien device

bring back the carbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

7. #17 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I would not consider it unless you don't mind paying to do their R&D
    I've done a lot of guinea pig R&D for the China moto industry and I think Yingang is the best company to deal with. Yes, they have issues, but they do take care of their customers and try to make things right. Look what happened to my old Yingang with the brake issue, they sent the new owner a completely updated braking system. This is a far cry for the shit service all the JH600 owners got from Jialing when they clearly documented and proved their EFI problems.

I would like to see the air box and fuel injection system, as I wasn't super impressed with the old setup which had a PZ30 carb and a pod type air filter. Would also be nice if they showed improvements in the new model like the frame welding etc.

I love the carbys too, but I wish they would stop slapping tiny little carbys on bikes that require something bigger. The PZ30 on the YG250 is a perfect example.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #18 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    ChinaV, I forgot about you! OK, not about you, but about your good Yingang customer service experiences. My concern would be how well they would respond to issues that came up on a worldwide basis if their EFI bike(s) went global, as Deom2i, as an example, is in Tanzania.

9. #19 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    I think Yingang is the best company to deal with. Yes, they have issues, but they do take care of their customers and try to make things right. Look what happened to my old Yingang with the brake issue, they sent the new owner a completely updated braking system.
    Yes, I've heard the positive reports about Yingang, and yes they are a breath of fresh air for a motorcycle company in China, who actually value customer service, if I was ever going to but another purely China bike, this might be the one (don't hold your breath).

But the best will is just that, they can only do what Chinese companies have access to, they aren't going to stop selling bikes just because their EFI or water cooling is poor, they'll try to fix it I'm sure but eventually they'd play the out of warranty card. Also we cannot know what is going on in the company, look at Qingqi, change of management equals death of any new bike at all.

At the end of the day someone needs to put successful 10,000-20,000 kilometers on a 2012 bike, and if the price could be kept under control (15,000-18,000RMB) they might have a winner.

10. #20 Re: New Yingang Motorcycles 
    Here is Engine specs for YG250NF:

ENGINE INFO

Engine Model YG170MM-A
    Displacement(ml) 250
    EngineType 1-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, water-cooled
    MaxPower(kw/r/min) 18.5/8000
    MaxTorque(N·m/r/min) 21/6000
    Idling Speed(r/min) 1500±150
    Consumption(g/(kW·h)) ≤345
    Compression Ratio 9.0:1
    Ignition CDI