Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline 125cc Project 
    C-Moto Noob
    So my bike finally broke down the other week and it was not worth fixing so I thought I would give it a try and get a something else. Bought it off eBay for about £750. Picked it up today and it runs very smooth so I really like it so far.

I just bought a yoshimura exhaust http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906871432...#ht_818wt_1163

And I also bought a new clutch lever with bracket http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906871432...#ht_818wt_1163 because the current one is really used and very loose so it needs a new one.

The other important thing is how do I adjust the handlebar/frontwheel/forks. The bike has been dropped a few times but there are no big damages on it, mostly none however the handle bar is a bit off, so it needs to be centred..

What I want to know that exhaust fill straight on? no need for any changes? I have read something about re-jetting... I am a total noob at it so I found this thread here on this forum http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ine+air+filter

Where do I buy that jet and what size does it need to be to work with this exhaust? Also what good air filters you recommend? Those universal metal ones?

Another thing can the bike have 120 tyre size and 150 size at the back? has anyone tried it?

Has anyone managed to make a tail tidy on it?

Also what other mods do you guys reckon I can do to it?

Thank you all for all your answer.

PS: I will post a few pictures of it tomorrow after I give it a good wash.
    Last edited by MadVeteran; 04-10-2012 at 11:31 PM.

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc Project 
    C-Moto Guru
    An air filter like this one will allow a bit more air into your engine and give you a bit more power, be sure to get one for carbs with a 42mm inlet.

I get my jets from here, stock is 97.5, I went up to a 105 after I fitted my air filter and I've got a 110 fitted for my new exhaust but I haven't been able to test it yet.

You should probably go for a bigger front sprocket as you have smaller tyres and a smaller front sprocket than my bike and I think my bike is geared almost perfectly, I think stock pulse adrenalines have a 14 tooth sprocket, I'd recommend a 16 tooth sprocket as it will give you more top end, I'm importing some 17 tooth sprockets from china that I will stick on eBay but they wont arrive for a few weeks.

I've got a minor performance increase from an iridium spark plug so it might be worth you getting one if you haven't already.

The most complicated but most effective mod you can do is to change your cylinder and piston for the 150cc versions, you wont see amazing performance increases but it probably the best thing you can do besides getting a bigger bike. The big bore kit can be found here, you have to import it from china using an agent such as Zarmark, you will need some mechanical knowledge and a Haynes manual will really help. I have studied it for a while now and it does seem relatively simple. As a bonus the 150cc cylinder has 124cc written on the side so it's pretty much impossible for insurers or police to find out unless they dismantle your engine which is highly unlikely.

Hope that helps.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline 125cc Project 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just woke up... gonna start washing it up and take some photos.

Thanks for the info so far mate... if you guys have more info on this please do share. Thanks again