Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    Hi guys,
    im looking for a big bore kit (150cc) for my 2011 pulse adrenaline, could one of the gurus please take a look at this item on eBay and tell me if its suitable?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GS1...ht_5022wt_1026

Many thanks in advance, james

2. #2 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    C-Moto Guru
    I've looked into that auction before and yes this will fit the pulse adrenaline.

If you look at the 6th picture in the auction you can see that that mounting holes are the same as the stock cylinder shown below
    CYL013_none_400.jpg

Just make sure that you ask for the flat piston, NOT the domed one.

There is an alternative here which is cheaper and has "124cc" written on the side so if you get pulled over or your insurer checks your bike out they will not be able to find out that it's a 150cc. You will need to use a taobao agent such as zarmark to order it but it's pretty straight foward.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    great, thanks for your quick reply, i had looked into one direct from china, but was unsure of how easy the item would be to return or fix any problems there could be,

as it is much easier to deal through ebay, ive opted for this option, you suggested the flat top piston, is there ever an instance where the domed piston is fitted to the pulse adrenaline or is the rounded piston included to fit other types of engine that this kit could fit?

thanks again.

james

4. #4 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    C-Moto Guru
    Yeah I suppose eBay makes it a lot easier to dispute a faulty item but it's still being posted from china.

As far as I know the Pulse Adrenaline's engine (the K157FMI) is based on the Suzuki GN125's engine, I think the Suzuki engine came in different versions; one with a domed piston and one with a flat piston and as the big bore kit is for the GN125 both piston types are available. You can see from the pictures on this thread that the Pulse's engine has a flat piston and if you search for "K157FMI piston" all results show a flat piston so It's pretty clear that your engine has the flat piston.

Please post the results once you have fitted it I'd love to know, I haven't got round to ordering one for my bike yet because I'm poor, I'm going to get the other one from Taobao for the fake 124cc marking.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    Sure thing, I'll post up some pictures of the build, and the resulting improvements.

Im poor too so this is cash saved up from odd foreigners that come along occasionally :-)

James

6. #6 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    C-Moto Guru
    Oh yeah you may need to change your front sprocket to take advantage of the extra torque, a 16 tooth should do it.

16 tooth http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle...item2a1b1f017a

17 tooth http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12879967257

7. #7 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    This 16T from this seller is cheaper than fleabay

8. #8 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    Yeah, the gearing was not very good, I think I changed the front sprocket about 2 weeks after the bike arrived :-)

Out of interest, and for future reference, humanbeing that site is very cheap, what model and year did you enter to get that sprocket?

Many thanks to both of you for helping out.

James

9. #9 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    C-Moto Guru
    When I ordered my sprocket and some other stuff from ginger parts they took ages to post it and they said the sprocket wasn't in stock and it took them about 3 weeks to get the supplier to send me one.

10. #10 Re: Pulse adrenaline big bore help please 
    The #1 rule about buying new parts for chinese bike. Refer to it's ancestor. For example K157FMI is based on Suzi GS125. (Qingqi used assembles Suzi GS125 that powered by F406) AND compare pics & specs

Some interesting info:
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...=217223&page=1
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...=217223&page=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast