Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qingqi

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Qingqi 
    here is a source for your rack.
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&id=9837302264

You would need to send that link through a taobao agent.
    here is a Google search on that.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=taob...hrome&ie=UTF-8

2. #82 Re: Qingqi 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Black bikes rock! That bike looks like a heap of fun. How far out of town do you have to ride to find roads you can properly chew up?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #83 Re: Qingqi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    It looks very good.
    did you get it without decals or did you take them off?
    Do you also have some BMW’s
    I am looking at your image gallery.
    http://werks.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
    My main job is in IT, but throughout college I worked at a BMW and Aprilia dealership. It closed, so I started selling some aftermarket BMW parts online. I own/run a series of online e-commerce sites now with my father as he retired last year. We also do a small amount of motorcycle sales too, starting with the MadAss 125 last year (because he wanted one) and SSR this year (because I wanted the XF250)

SSR sent the bike to me without them installed. It looked so nice without them, I decided that bare was the way tp go. I might eventually put them on, but I think it's really enjoyable to have people wonder what the bike actually is. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    here is a source for your rack.
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&id=9837302264

You would need to send that link through a taobao agent.
    here is a Google search on that.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=taob...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Thanks for the link!

I've seen those too, and was debating on going down that road. The bike actually came with a parts fiche book in addition to the owners manual. I provided the rack part number to SSR, and I'm waiting on the pricing and availability now. (mainly the latter) I'm pretty sure that I can source it from QuingQi USA too, as it's universal with the XF200, so we'll see. Word on the street is that it's a disappointing part anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Black bikes rock! That bike looks like a heap of fun. How far out of town do you have to ride to find roads you can properly chew up?
    It has a whopping 17 miles on it so far as my riding time has been very brief so far. I plan on riding it as much as possible this year and posting my findings and comparison to the other bikes I have here. I just need to find the appropriate place to do so. Street? Dirt bikes? Qingqi forum?

4. #84 Re: Qingqi 
    When you do create a thread consider placeing a link on this thread so people know that you started an individuals thread, I think Dirt n’ Dual Sport is where I would create a thread for your XP250. Then also remember to use hmtl tags on the new thread it will get more traffic if you do.

You’re a good addition to the forum, I am looking forward to hearing about your impressions and experiences with the bike.

5. #85 Re: Qingqi 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    I would put the chances of them reading this thread at approximately zero percent. i would love to be proved wrong.

cheers

6. #86 Re: Qingqi 
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael@SSR View Post
    You, also, are a great addition, here!

7. #87 Re: Qingqi 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwerksman View Post
    Fianlly got my SSR XF250 assembled this weekend:

You may have just proven me wrong about the looks with the motard tires

8. #88 Re: Qingqi 
    Welcome, Rwerksman . You've made a bunch of us jealous with your purchase. We've been waiting for years for Qlink to give us either the Qingqi or Shineray 250. Your bike looks great. Please show us some more photos around the bike so we can drool some more. Type in the name forchetto in the search box to get a lot of info on pipes, sprockets, and such if you are interested. Most go to a 16T front to get some use out of 1st gear on the roadbikes. Carl was able to get me a rear rack for my XF and if you're able to provide another means on getting one through SSR you'll be a hero to many.

9. #89 Re: Qingqi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Welcome, Rwerksman . You've made a bunch of us jealous with your purchase. We've been waiting for years for Qlink to give us either the Qingqi or Shineray 250. Your bike looks great. Please show us some more photos around the bike so we can drool some more. Type in the name forchetto in the search box to get a lot of info on pipes, sprockets, and such if you are interested. Most go to a 16T front to get some use out of 1st gear on the roadbikes. Carl was able to get me a rear rack for my XF and if you're able to provide another means on getting one through SSR you'll be a hero to many.
    Thanks, David.

I'm under the impression that this is one of the first ones to ship in the US as they are finally available in 2013. I can honestly say that so far, it's everything I hoped it would be and more.

I haven't heard back from SSR yet. I think I'll send them another email now. I've actually signed up to sell they're bikes locally here in Pittsburgh, so I might have a bit more pull as a dealer. We shall see...

I've posted a pretty exhaustive overview of my XF250 here: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-XF250&p=56302 Hopefully folks find it entertaining and informative. :)

Rob

10. #90 Re: Qingqi 
    Jinan Qingqi Motorcycle Company LTD has posted another drop in production as of April 2013 according to the Chinese Association of Automobile Manufacturers, who records quarterly production numbers for the top 50 manufactures.

Qingqi posted another 46% loss in production for the first quarter of 2013, dropping in rank to 42 out of the top 50.

With an annual estimated production of 135,000 annually they can still be considered a very large manufacturer. However such a large downward trend is accompanied with huge losses on their balance sheet. But it seems the may have turned a corner? They look to have returned to profitability and in fact they are making much less and collecting more revenue

For example they had twice the revenue in 2008 then 2012, however they nearly doubled their gross margin from 13% to 24% . In short they are now actually earning money on production, they actually for nearly every operating year up till now had negative operating margins, with the exception of 2004 when they had posted a .04% return on sales. For 2012 they posted a 2% return on sales. Resulting in a positive net income of 64M CYN for 2012. That representing a 375% gain over their highest posted previous net income of 17M CYN in 2003.

Financial information from Morning Star.
    http://financials.morningstar.com/ra...&culture=en-us

They are not even exporting more they exported 57% less for the first quarter of 2013 over 2012.
    Estimated export of about 40,000 units annually. Roughly one third of production is exported.

Suzuki is also still reducing its production dropping 28% and they do not export any of the production they make through their partnership with Qingqi, if they do not in any significant enough of an amount to register them in the top 50 exporters. I imagine all they do in china is make transportation models for rural sales.

Now that Qingi has weathered the storm and are now capitalized they may become more adventurous?
    Nobody is rating their stock as a buy, they are recommending a hold on them.

They actually need some new offerings for their networks and also some new networks.

I wonder if they have anything in development?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast