Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qingqi

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Qingqi 
    Here are some images of the bikes, it looks to me that the 200cc has 17” with a heavy tread patterns and the 250cc does not….the one online merchant site has the tires sizes on both as 21/21 which is obviously not correct.

200cc
    xf200-sm by mjhirz, on Flickr

250cc
    xf250-sm by mjhirz, on Flickr
    Last edited by MJH; 07-09-2017 at 01:42 AM.

2. #12 Re: Qingqi 
    I sent an email to SSR asking how can the bikes be purchased.

They responded that they did not have any in stock and expected them in MAY…June at the latest. They do not sell direct to the public and the bikes will be available for purchase through the online merchant links on their website.

I do not think they will sell a lot of the 250cc at $2,000.00 even with the freight included. They and their online network is not that well known, not that well indexed on the internet. I am just offering a little free help.

3. #13 Re: Qingqi 
    The brakes are different….the difference can be seen on the bikes being sold under the Qingqi name.

Bigger rotors and a double caliber in the rear opposed to a single…if the Qingqi branded bikes have a floating disk then that’s a nice feature for such a low cost bike. The SSR are and should be priced lower they have some obvious cost cuts in the component parts.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-12-2017 at 03:43 PM.

4. #14 Re: Qingqi 
    C-Moto Noob
    MJH,

I am new to this forum & fairly new to motorcycles in general. When I saw this post about the SSR I was pretty excited at first. I am somewhat familiar with their pitbikes and from what I know about them they are pretty good quality. In your opinion would you consider these new bikes from SSR a bad purchase? I have been researching the QLINK XF200's a lot and I just rode my first one yesterday. I thought it was a pretty good bike, however, I liked that these SSR's had disk brakes all around. Would you choose the QLINK over these new SSR's?

Thanks for your help in advance.

5. #15 Re: Qingqi 
    I am considering purchasing one of the SSR 250 if they keep the introductory price at $2,000.00 delivered. I would have it shipped to a local shop and pay the local shop to PDI the bike and register it.

The Qingi 250 offered in California is nicer, those are the ones offered through JP motor sports, the grey bike in the image, but they are not accessible to me, the freight costs make them unreasonably priced.

Qlink only offers a 200 and not a 250 and I already have a 200, it has the same front brake that the SSR models have but the Qlink has a rear drum, which is all it really needs.

I do not like the painted plastic on the SSR , the Qlink does not have painted plastic, I am seeing a white underside on the fenders and also paint overspray, that makes the SSR bike looks cheap But if they are doing that to keep the price down that is fine as I can get colorized plastic parts off Taobao if I feel like it.

I would not pay top dollar to a drop shipper, that business model makes or requires me to do extra work and I will not pay for that. I pay more for a local dealer and that is only if they have a good reputation and are there to cover an actual real warranty that includes labor. The SSR do not the Qlink do.

Basically if I buy online I would not expect much in support, I feel pretty confident that I can or could support that bike myself with a local mechanic. That being I would not need the wholesaler or online merchant for anything other then the bike and an MSO.

6. #16 Re: Qingqi 
    I would consider the SSR but in 250cc and $2k. The Qingqi is $3k. Qlinks are retailing at $2600 for the 200. I am sure that Qlink leaned their lesson and only import(ed) enough to keep the price at that range. All 3 are attractive. I do think the drum brake, while not as "sexy," is less prone to having issues. However, as far as a good deal goes, I would research the SSR bikes to make sure it would not have ended up being a better bet to buy the Qlink (factor in PDI/tax/etc from a dealer which is probably the only way to get a Qlink), but then again, the SSR has the 250. I hope they don't get a little greedy once the bikes end up at SSR, and jack the price up to $2300 or $2400.

7. #17 Re: Qingqi 
    I do not know how much more research I could possibly do?

The SSR look like the Pulse Adrenaline they sell in the UK, which are all 125cc.

Some of the bikes have colorized plastic an some do not, the Pulse do not, the Sinnis do.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-12-2017 at 03:43 PM.

8. #18 Re: Qingqi 
    The Beta model that has the 250cc has the better brakes…

The Beta with the 200cc does not.

9. #19 Re: Qingqi 
    MJH, you were correct about the SSR bikes being offered through Pioneer--I am sure there is some connection, but SSR stated to me in an email response that their bikes are coming from Pioneer...

Thank you for your interest in our XF250. Now to correct one thing, Our XF200 and XF250 are not made by Qingqi. They are made by Pioneer. The 200 and the 250 will have a couple of wheel options. We have not decided which wheels to go with yet. I am not familiar with the Qingqi model but I can assume the parts will interchange. Just not the fairings. We hope to have this model out by late May so be sure to ask for a dealer application if you wish to sign up with us.

10. #20 Re: Qingqi 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The Beta model that has the 250cc has the better brakes…

The Beta with the 200cc does not.
    Which country sell the Beta bikes? Very good looking bike!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast