Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qingqi

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Qingqi 
    According to Pioneer's Chinese site, their XF 250 uses a GS250 engine

http://www.xfmotor.com.cn/en/250s/XF250GY.html

2. #32 Re: Qingqi 
    Last edited by MJH; 05-30-2015 at 02:28 PM.

3. #33 Re: Qingqi 
    Looks identical--is the GS250 engine a reliable powerplant?

4. #34 Re: Qingqi 
    Somebody/Something is wrong... The motor should be the TU250, not the GS250. They are both reliable and very similar, but the engine in the Pioneer XF250GY is a TU250 and the picture from MJH above is a GS250 ???

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #35 Re: Qingqi 
    That image is a link to Suzuki’s website, it’s the engine in the Grass Tracker, the images itself is a hyper link click on it and it pulls up the details of the engine.

The reason I posted it is so people can see the notation that the engine made in Japan is SCEM. Even though the engines are from the same designs they are different in that respect.

The engine manufactured by Qingqi is the same engine design used in the TU250/ST250 and Grass Tracker 250, with the exception that the engines that are manufactured in Japan have (SCEM)coated cylinders.

6. #36 Re: Qingqi 
    The ST and TU are the same, named differences are for marketing or it is named differently for certain markets. It is a ST250 in Japan and comes in lots of different versions/styles.

Pioneer 250 also called Mastiff 250
    Pioneer250 by mjhirz, on Flickr
    Last edited by MJH; 07-09-2017 at 02:39 AM.

7. #37 Re: Qingqi 
    Considering that the XP250 being presented through SSR is related to the 250 models coming out of Suzuki and that Qingqi Group is a licensed Suzuki partner…were is the shop manual for the motorcycle? Is it absent because nobody is willing to write one? It is actually required in any realm of support isn’t it?

Does not seem so difficult to publish considering that the Suzuki version certainly have shop manuals and then it is only a matter of following the format of the Suzuki Manuals and accounting for the differences between them. The same for a parts list and also an owners manual.

Proper documentation? What comes first the chicken or the egg? If they want to gain sales then they should consider that of offering proper documentation and also access to proper documentations. When avoiding what is due diligence they are actually avoiding sales…some will not touch what has something obviously necessary missing.

If proper documentation exists…that encourages confidence to purchase. It is worth the trouble, it actually reduces trouble later on, it can be called being proactive and in that reduces the need to be reactive later. That being addressing owners that are missing what they obviously needed in the first place.

8. #38 Re: Qingqi 
    I don't know if we discussed this on a different thread, but since it is Qingqi related, Pitster Pro of Canada (I believe Visionary Motorsports is the official PP distributor for Canada) are now stocked with the XTR200X. For those of you with a Konker, and worried about direct-ordering parts, as well as those who did not get around to buying a Konker, this should come as a relief!

http://www.pitsterpro.ca/en/products...supermoto.html

9. #39 Re: Qingqi 
    The bike on the web site is not a 200 but a 250. The specs are correct, however. Well, except for this; Adjustable inverted fork. As you know, culcune, China Riders has a picture of actual bike being assembled. http://www.chinariders.com/modules.p...wtopic&t=14070

10. #40 Re: Qingqi 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I was in a Qingqi dealer (Beijing) a couple of days ago and saw the "new" 200cc with fuel injection. I think it was called the 200GY-FI, but I don't really remember, and sorry, I did not take any pics.

I tried to find the bike on the Qingqi website, to no avail.

Anyone know about this bike in China? It seemed to be pretty much identical to the workhorse 200GY, aside from fancy new paint.

Tx

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast