Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: daily driver

1. #1 daily driver 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, so this is my second post here. I have been watching for a few months now. I have made up my mind to buy an XTR200X witch is a qlink 200sm. I am going to use the bike as a daily driver and to spend some time out on our local road course. I already know about all the power mods like the DRZ 125 pipe ect. What I am really after is how you guys are mounting sliders to the front and rear axles. I now know that the front and rear axles are solid. On my XR650R I just used threaded rod through the axle.
    I know it might not seem like a big deal but we have to have them to be allowed on the track. Any help you can give me would be appreciated and pics would really help I haven't been able to see the bikes in person yet, they wont be in for another two weeks.

2. #2 Re: daily driver 
    hey hallworth we used to have to put sliders on to be allowed on the track in my hometown

put the axle in a lathe and drill and tap a 6mm hole about 20mm deep
    then just bolt the slider into the hole

you can drill the hole buy hand if you cant get to a lathe
    just be carefull to drill straight

3. #3 Re: daily driver 
    Welcome to here. I hope you also join (alot) of us at chinariders.net--there will be many people interested in your bike, especially as there are quite a few members from Canada (and own or owned the Konker equivalent bike).

4. #4 Re: daily driver 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey Zhu, I have acess to a lathe. I will just have to drill and tap it.
    Thanks culcune, I have been watching the china riders forum as well as this one. It does seem like there is a lot of us red and whites on there.

5. #5 Re: daily driver 
    Any news on the Pitster? Have they been released? They look very, very nice; more so than Qlink, in my opinion. Member 'MJH' showed us in the 'Industry' thread a new bike being released in the US via SSR who are a pitbike importer/brand slightly lower on the "cool" notch than Pitster Pro. These bikes are manufactured by Shandong Pioneer who are somehow interrelated to Qingqi as the bikes are nearly identical. http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hp?4285-Qingqi

Not sure if SSR are distributed in Canada, but perhaps the SSR XF200 and XF250 could bypass the 'exclusive distributor' status that Qingqi seems to award brands, such as Konker, then Pitster, and Qlink in the US, and give another alternative to this great line-up of Suzuki-near-cloned enduros.

6. #6 Re: daily driver 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey Culcune,
    I know the bikes are at the Pitster warehouse, but the dealer has not recived the bikes as of today. Its really starting to get to me, I drive by the pitster warehouse every day on my way to work. I wish I could stop by one my way home and pick one up.
    I remember skimming over that thread. I really liked the 250 they had. It seems to have good fit and finish. I haven't come acoss them in canada yet, But now I will be looking.