Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 JH600 and DD350G SPT 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello to all,

I would like to ask you if anyone has any experience with the bike DD350G from Regal Raptor. Is a sports bike with 350cc, than apparently can be registered with Jing A plates. I'm writing you from Beijing.

I've been trying to find some comments on it on this forum, but either I don't use properly the search engine or nobody is calling it by that name, or nobody cares about it.

The reason I ask is because I'm willing to buy a bike for getting out from Beijing on the weekends and also having the possibility of making some several days long trips.

I had before a Regal Raptor Daytona 350 cc, which I sold because I considered it way to wide, heavy and uncomfortable for driving on the city. At the same time my girlfriend had something to argue about her comfort on the seat when making long rides ...

The 350cc engine seems not bad, but overall that bike has something about the finishes and all those plastic pieces, that make it kind of a toy bike. I imagine the DD350G will be more of the same.

I've read that much of you writing here are riding the JH600 which looks like a nice bike, and I'm also considering about it.

Another question is what to do with the plates. It seems the JH600 is registerable with Jing A plates, but my girlfriend goes crazy when she sees the price of it and as she is chinese she keeps telling that a jing B can do the job perfectly, and at that point, even a "foreign" plate can do as well.

Her explanation is:

Jing B can only be driven outside the fourth ring road.
    "Foreign" plate can only be driven outside the fourth ring road.
    Jing B = "Foreign" plate

Well, I would appreciate your comments and advice on these matters.

thank you!

2. #2 Re: JH600 and DD350G SPT 
    C-Moto Guru
    It's a choice you'll have to make, Jing A or B. You'll have less/no issues driving inside the 4th ring with Jing A plates, of course it will cost you! (A-plate value will probably increase even more, some see it as an investment) Regarding driving a Jing B inside 4th ring it seems like there are different stories, some have gotten away with a fine others have lost up to 6 points of their driving license.

Different story, non of my business though: who is paying for all of it, you or your girlfriend?

Passenger seat of the JH600 is definitely comfortable, probably more comfortable than the riders seat. Don't know anything about the DD350G either, sorry.
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

3. #3 Re: JH600 and DD350G SPT 
    That bike would be way more popular if they put the missing body parts on it.

http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_670911.htm

4. #4 Re: JH600 and DD350G SPT 
    I could suggest that Regal Raptor change its name to Regal Motorcycles, offering only the old school designs under that name and Raptor Motorcycles for the sport bikes.

They then could consider this design for inspiration….

5. #5 Re: JH600 and DD350G SPT 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I doubt you can go wrong with an A-plated bike.

I have several bikes, all shapes/sizes, and the JH600 is definitely my favorite all-purpose bike.

Jialing, however, is not customer-oriented. I have learned, however, that the Jialing "experience" is typical - virtually all the companies (including the foreign brands) are similarly non-customer-friendly.