Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    C-Moto Noob
    After quite a bit of internet searching and searching in this forum I'm at a bit of a loss. I'm looking for an inexpensive Enduro or super moto bike that I can actually get in the U.S.. I'm going for a light bike that will see pretty easy use, certainly not daily. The bikes I've looked at have been the tmec 200 and the Yg200-8 or yg200-9 but I've had difficulty finding a place to order them from. What other bikes should I look at? Where would I buy them from? Seems like most of the stuff mentioned on here is available outside of the U.S. but not available to us. Any thoughts or directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. #2 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    You live in the land of Craigslist, why not just buy a nice, reliable, used Japanese bike instead? If they make it that hard to figure out how to buy the product, imagine what it's going to be like when you need parts and service.... and you WILL need parts and service. Most of us in China that ride Chinese motos do it because we have to, not because we want to.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    You live in the land of Craigslist, why not just buy a nice, reliable, used Japanese bike instead? If they make it that hard to figure out how to buy the product, imagine what it's going to be like when you need parts and service.... and you WILL need parts and service. Most of us in China that ride Chinese motos do it because we have to, not because we want to.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Craigslist had been my plan but I live in an area where the type of bike I'm looking for is rare and overpriced. I might see one a week and it's usually at double kbb value. I'm five hours from the nearest population center and it's pretty hard to get someone to hold a bike for me while I try to make plans to get there to take a look and maybe buy it. If there is a Chinese knock off that fits the bill and the price I'll go for it. If not, I'll keep trying Craigslist.

4. #4 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    I just called these guys.

http://www.atv4usa.com/proddetail.as...200%2D1&cat=17

They are a distributor for TMEC and he said they won't have any in stock for a month or so. He said they don't sell to certain areas directly, but will sell to me and I mentioned you are in a rural part of Colorado, and he said that is no problem, too. If you wait, they will be 2013 bikes, and he is getting 2 containers of them with both knobbies and motard tires. A couple months ago, I found a brand new TMEC for sale near L.A., and the guy had 17" knobbies on the front and back, so he might even have those if you want to wait.

5. #5 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    Another one is qlinmotor.com who sell the Quingi 200 enduro and motar and soon they said will have the Shineray 250 in mx,sm,ds models.

6. #6 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Is there any other dealers in the us that sell Chinese motards? There has to be more than just two companies. I've looked all over the net and I've only found those two that were previously mentioned.

7. #7 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    Yeap! Theres is a company name xbuggy.com in California wich they saidsell the xmotos x37 v4 in motard.But they said inst legal in California wich i recomend you check before your state regulations before any purchase. Something i dont like from them is the price they are asking for the bike.But if is the price couldbe rigth is a hell of a bike to own.A2257743.jpg

8. #8 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    I would ask them what the EPA certificate number is on the XB-37, it has to have an on highway certificate to be street legal in any US state. All state have to honor federal EPA regulations, they have to have an On Highway EPA certificate and also have to have a label on the steering neck that states who made it and that it meet or exceeds all federal motor vehicle safety standards.

I do not see any 249cc models in the 2012 EPA database that could be that model under any brand name.

This is off their website:

“Some vehicles are federal EPA certified but not qualified by California air resource board, we are not able to deliver them inside CA state.”

Should read all the vehicles they sell have EPA certificates, but not all are CARB certified?
    What models do not have EPA certificates? Because those are all being sold illegally.

Some states check some do not, that is too risky to chance.
    There are two types of EPA certificates on highway and off highway, what ever it is it has to have one or the other.

is the engine a YZ250F engine?

9. #9 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    Look at the prices of their ATV’s, they are selling 110cc atvs and asking $6,699.00 that has to be a typo bet they are supposed to be $1,699.00 and they also have a 223cc dirt bike they have a $5,199.00 price on?

Run the other way…….

This is where they are buying out of...http://kandi.en.alibaba.com/ for the four wheeled vehicles.
    they claim they are the exclusive distributor for Kandi, then if so they must be the mother ship for all the websites that sell the exact same things.

10. #10 Re: Cheap Enduro or SM in the U.S.? 
    Is the same motor that Minsk is using in they erx 250cc.The loncin 4v which they claim have (Xmotos) 26 hp.If you look in you tube you will see the mx model in a track and sound very powerfull.Look it at Hotbike 250rr video from Rosciano moto Italy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast