Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    Whats the intake manifold on this model made of, and is it a straight or angled/curved pitch?

Asking as ive been having some start up issues on my Lexmoto Lowride (Identical K157FMI engine) and discovered a small hole on the intake manifold yesterday, patched it up to get the bike started, today its now a big hole so another day or so and itll be useless.

Just got onto the dealer as the bike is under warranty, but not to struck on them replacing it with the same make\model part.

2. #12 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    It's straight and made of a combination of metal (which I assume is aluminum or aluminium) and rubber. How on earth did you get a hole in it? Do you mean the hole at the top? because that is supposed to be connected to the SAI valve.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #13 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    Sounds like its the same as mine, the nozzle at the top goes to the SAIvalve, but on the under side out of nowhere a hole appeared O_o

I did a 8 mile ride, parked up for 6 hours or so, then went to start up and ride back home and it wouldnt start, sounded like it was pulling in air, upon inspection on the under side of the manifold a small hole had appeared. Now its gone from a small hole a big one\crack, seems to be riping right around the middle, crappy britle rubber.

Was looking around and the version used on the LSM has an all metal construction, not having any luck finding one for the K157FMI engine tho, just more rubber\metal type ones.

4. #14 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    Damn it took me about 20 minutes to find this, I was about to give up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inlet-Mani...item2a22b5f6bf

Rather expensive for such a small and simple part :/
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #15 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    Update :O

I believe that I have some sort of condition that prevents me from not messing with my bike every chance I get, since my last post I have added an alarm, a couple of spotlights and some LEDs around my headlight.

The alarm was a bargain at £20 inc postage from eBay, if you have one of thoes 9 pin connectors under your seat it's literally plug and play, if not then have fun wiring it up manually ;P. The alarm I bought has a remote start which is kinds cool but pretty useless in winter as you need to engage the choke first.

The LEDs around my headlight were just glued on poorly and look scabby close up but I like them, besides looking cool they make you more visible at night and it's a good backup if your headlight bulb dies on you. To wire them up I simply drilled a small hole in the headlight rim, poked the wires through and wired them up to the headlight power wires. For thoes that have the same bike/wiring harness/colour coding as me the headlight has 3 wires connecting to it; white, blue and green. White is low beam +, blue is high beam + and green is ground.

Riding along unlit country roads in the rain with a 35w headlight is fookin scary, I tried putting a H4 55w bulb in and it kinda worked until it melted the reflector and stopped the high beam from aiming properly so I stuck the 35w back in and opted for a couple of 55w spotlights which were just under £14 for the pair. The original wiring probably wouldn't be able to handle the 110 watts so I wired a relay to the high beam circuit (blue and green wires) which controlled a power line directly from the battery. The lights them selves are mounted where the indicators were and the indicators are mounted on temporary plastic mounts until I can figure out a better solution. I haven't tested them out yet but I think I may have an issue or 2 with getting the aim spot on. In the future I may get a cheap HID kit and fit it to the spotlights depending on how well they perform.

Upcoming mods:
    Need to fit performance camshaft I bought ages ago but too lazy
    New exhaust
    Fix heated grips
    Fit hand guards

DSCF0018.jpg

Oh yeah! NO L PLATES WOOO!

6. #16 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    The alarm you went with, it wouldnt happen to be this cyclone model is it? (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CYCLONE-MO...item2c4eb03012) I've been looking at picking one up but couldnt find any good reviews.

The new spotlights are looking good, how bright are they? I've been considering swapping out the 2 spotlights on my lowride for something with a bit more power, since i do a fair bit of night riding.

Riding along unlit country roads in the rain with a 35w headlight is fookin scary
    I know that feeling :( i ended up riding round by delamere\hatchmere on wednesday at midnight with no headlights at all after the rectifier went bad, coupled with a leak on the petrol tank, not a nice experience.

Whilst renember, does your bike have a rev limiter on it?/restricted CDI, Mine never did, or at least i never noticed one, but after recent troubles with the rectifier and getting the bike back from been fixed, I can now feel a limiter which stops high revs forcing me to change up a gear before i even need to.

7. #17 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    Nah it was this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1706624823...84.m1439.l2649

I think just about all motorcycle alarms are universal as long as they have the 9 pin connector, I have had my alarm for about 2 weeks and I have found no problem with it yet.

I don't know how the spotlights will perform in the dark but I will test them out when I get the chance. I belive that you have 35W bulbs in your lowride and you might get away with just changing them for 55Ws.

My bike dosen't have a rev limiter but it's hard to say if yours is limited or not. Since our engine is pretty weak there is little need to limit it. What does your CDI say on it? Mine just says GS125 which is a standard and unrestricted CDI but maybe they made a restricted one and maybe the mechanic replaced your one with a new restricted version. How many revs are you getting before you feel the restriction?

8. #18 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    Im getting to 5k revs when the restriction hits, the bike seems to chug and pull back dropping the revs, happens in all gears, prior to the bike been in the dealers it used to plod along nicely at 7\8k revs in any gear with no issues.

Ill go pull the seat of and see what the CDI has on it then post back, if it is restricted ill see if i can find the same cdi yours has and buy that.

9. #19 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    Ah I think I know what the problem is :O! If you open the throttle slowly the main jet will kick in at roughly 5k revs; I think that your main jet is clogged up!

10. #20 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    Hmm that was one of my first thoughts, i intially thought maybe some crap was in the new tank they fitted and got sucked into the carb, didnt have chance to take the carb of and check thanks to the crappy weather, and the dealer refused to acknowledge any issue exists when i pointed it out to them, ill check that out before anything else, thanks, ill post back how it goes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast