Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Digital display sounds good. I just got a top box so my next job is wiring up a break light into it.

2. #42 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Noob
    Did you ever find an oil cooler to fit the k157fmi engine? im looking for one, because i dont like the heat coming off the engine in idle, after coming down from 73mph. also i cant seem to find a 16 or 17tooth front sprocket for the engine... although a few months ago i could. but now i have money theyre gone. I have a sinnis trackstar, so very similar bike.

3. #43 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    If you really want an oil cooler you can do a custom job if you are good at diy (which is the cheaper option) or buy the complete kit from Taobao, the kit from China would be heavy and international postage is expensive so the whole lot would probably come to at least £100. I'll try and find the link for you.

As for the sprocket you can order the 17 tooth from taobao as well or get a 16 tooth locally, the 16 tooth is probably a better option.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Spro...item53fbb434e0

Edit: Sorry I gave up on finding the oil cooler, Taobao is half broken at the moment.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

4. #44 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ok thanks very much for the link mate. (': nice work on your bike by the way. Looks nice, do you u still ride it? I also feel like at some point you said you were fitting a performance crankshaft. I might be wrong, but if you did, was they're any benefit? Or was it unnoticed but just better quality.

5. #45 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thanks and yes I do still ride it. I don't think I mentioned a crankshaft but I did buy a performance camshaft which has been sitting in my "bike stuff" draw for about 9 months as I am too lazy to fit it.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

6. #46 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Noob
    hello spencer, i think i have read nearly all your posts upgrading your sinnis max, i am about to start adding some mods to my sinnis stealth (quingi qm125 2d) and would like your help and advice along with other, along the way as this is my first project, im new to engines and things, but i do do my own services and im very technical minded.

anyway my first 2 bits i want are an air filter and change my main jet, i know i need size 105, but am unsure which one would fit exactly, also the air filter im not sure if its 38mm or 42mm so again i am unsure which one exactly. i am going to use your half coke bottle idea,
    but i was also thinking of removing the box but attaching the cone filter to the main rubber air pipe comeing from the carb,(sorry i dont know the technical name for said pipe,lol) rather than directly to the carb its self, this way the air filter would sit where the original air box was and would not need any water protection. along with this i would carve a nice shape in a perfect curved spot on my side fairing which would send air nearly directly to where the air filter would be, the new holes in fairing would be backed with metal mesh.

7. #47 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    This is the main jet that you need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-main...item3f2c48e339

You need a 38mm air filter (I just measured to make sure).

You would still need water protection for your filter since rain will be able to get to it through the gap where the air filter box used to be, there are more elegant ways to waterproof it however:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38mm-SPLAS...item5d48392ff2

I like the idea of cutting holes in the fairings, I don't think it would increase performance but I would look cool.

8. #48 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Noob
    cheers for the measyrment spencer, i will think about how i will do the air filter as i noticed today i will be unable to put the air filter straight to the carb as my fram will be in the way, i was reading you post on the problems you had with top end speed so i think i will try and look for a size 100 jet to install withe the airfilter instead of 105, and will install size 105 after iv put the exhaust on, im thinking of going for the lextek stainless steele performence exhaust,

9. #49 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Guru
    If you are refering to the missfiring problems I was having before it was because I increased my main jet to a 120 or something after installing my big bore kit whereas it should be a 110 or 115. When I got my cone filter I had no other mods and I was using a 105 and it was fine. For a cone filter and exhaust a 107.5 or 110 main jet might be better.

I would be interested in hearing how well the lextek exhaust performs if you do decide to get one as I was thinking about buying one.

10. #50 Re: My motorcycle mods so far 
    C-Moto Noob
    ahhh ok, iv ordered a 105 jet and a 38mm cone filter, i will be picking them up from bitzforbikes,co.uk store tomoro lunch time, so i will be installing both over weekend.

i think im settled on the lextek slip on pipe as its made by an alright company, and has been purposely designed for 125cc 4t road bikes, so i think i cant go wrong there, ill probably buy it in next 2 week, just looking for an full exhaust pipe now as i want a stainless Steele one to much, also im sure my standard exhaust has got some kind of air restriction in the pipe?? there is 2 welds ion pipe that make me think this, does yours have these welds??

now for your help, can you clarify for me the pipes coming from the airbox apart from the main one to the carb, i have 3 smaller pipes one comes out the bottom and seems to hold no purpose as it has a bung/cap at the end, the other 2 come out of the airbox next to the main carb pipe

Attachment 14988

Attachment 14989

you said that one is for the gases from pistons..... and the other is for exhaust emisions,... just wanyt to check my set up is the same as yours to not mess things up lol

thanks again

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast