Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: NEED HELP!

1. #1 NEED HELP! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Good evening all,

I've started the break-in for my new DongFang D250rtb, and I'm having some disheartening issues. First, the throttle cable sticks like crazy when turned past half-throttle, taking a few seconds to snap back to idle when the throttle is released. From what the factory manual directs, the cable itself is properly adjusted so I'm at a loss of why it sticks so bad. Next (and of more concern) the transmission doesn't like to shift, at all. After coming to a stop, neutral is almost impossible to find, and it's as if its stuck in first. After using the emergency engine stop, releasing/reengaging the clutch lever I'm still having difficulties with shifting in to any gear or finding neutral. Anyone else have similar issues? My bike was purchased from Chad at extremescooters.biz

2. #2 Re: NEED HELP! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, I do not have a DF250 but may I offer some suggestions. For your cable, check the routing and be sure it is not binding anywhere. Lube the cable with some light oil, I use Triflow on mine. Check for throttle housing for binding when twisting the throttle.

Transmission issues maybe from being new and need to break in a little to work better. try shifting to neutral before stopping. Change the oil and use a four stroke motorcycle engine oil. Be easy on things and shift up and down frequently while riding and change the oil often.

3. #3 Re: NEED HELP! 
    Adjust the clutch

4. #4 Re: NEED HELP! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Turns out the tank was fitted too tightly from the factory, pinching the throttle cable. I'm still having some difficulties shifting into neutral after coming to a stop with the bike running, might need to adjust the clutch cable as suggested. Also, (stupid question) the arrow on the fuel filter should point to the carb, correct? Because from the factory it's pointing towards the tank.

5. #5 Re: NEED HELP! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody87 View Post
    Turns out the tank was fitted too tightly from the factory, pinching the throttle cable. I'm still having some difficulties shifting into neutral after coming to a stop with the bike running, might need to adjust the clutch cable as suggested. Also, (stupid question) the arrow on the fuel filter should point to the carb, correct? Because from the factory it's pointing towards the tank.
    NOT a stupid question. The arrow indicates the direction of flow. (to the carb, from tank).

Remember, the people assembling these machines have no idea how they work and do not have the time to figure it out. (no quality control) It is up to you to check everything is OK.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

6. #6 Re: NEED HELP! 
    lol @ the fuel filter

7. #7 Re: NEED HELP! 
    deleted