Posts on this Website helped me decide to buy a Qlink XF200. After a 20 year hiatus from riding, I wanted something inexpensive and fun to get back in.

George at G S Powersports in Westerville, Ohio was the deciding factor. He talked frankly about the reliability of different bikes, including the XF200, then gave me a very good price in January of this year.
1) The brakes - George mentioned that the front brake would greatly improve with some miles (kilometers! ;o) on it. At first they definitely did not inspire confidence. After three hundred miles or so, it stops very well.
2) George mentioned changing to a 42 tooth rear sprocket. I am glad he did. It is a big improvement. That said, I would not want to go to fewer than 42 with the current front sprocket as the engine would not have enough pull left in fifth gear.

I read the manual and am (painfully) trying to following the break in schedule. Keeping a bike with so little power below 5000 rpm for the first 1000 kilomerters is the painful part. I am noticing that the engine is gaining some power and desire to rev as the break in period progresses.

I did the first oil change at around 120 kilometers with Suzuki 10-40 and a K&N KN-131 filter, re-using the little o-ring as K&N for some reason does not include one. (George from G S Powersports is ordering a bunch of them.) Plenty of shiny particulate in the filter and a nice sheen in the oil. I did a second oil change (oil is inexpensive, and I want to get the break-in junk out, so why not) at around 600 kilometers. Very little particulate showing in the filter. Only a slight sheen in the oil.

GPS shows that the speedometer is around 10% optimistic. I can live with that.

Fuel mileage is incredible! Previous tank was 77.6 mpg, not taking into account the optimistic speedometer (if I am doing my km to miles correctly). I have not calculated it for my last tank.

Anyway, thank you very much for this site and to all of the contributors.

ManyMPG