Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. #61 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Well 14,000 kms now on the clock and some big rides completed. The bike is still awsome. It is a really great bike, for the price. I ride with Duc's Beemer and Hd's and i have never felt "inadequate". Power, comfort and range are on par and bike is constantly suprising people. On a side note I recently slide on a grave filled underpass and slammed into a wall at about 90-100kph. The bike low slided down the street another 20 meters or so. Other the cosmetic damage she is fine. The built in crash protection did its job remarmably well. Only my after market fog light was damaged and of course the bike guard ( little blak wing like thing still out on each side ).

I highly recommend the 650TR
    Ouch. Any rider damage?????
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #62 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Well 14,000 kms now on the clock and some big rides completed. The bike is still awsome. It is a really great bike, for the price. I ride with Duc's Beemer and Hd's and i have never felt "inadequate". Power, comfort and range are on par and bike is constantly suprising people. On a side note I recently slide on a grave filled underpass and slammed into a wall at about 90-100kph. The bike low slided down the street another 20 meters or so. Other the cosmetic damage she is fine. The built in crash protection did its job remarmably well. Only my after market fog light was damaged and of course the bike guard ( little blak wing like thing still out on each side ).

I highly recommend the 650TR
    Hi Shanghaifingers

This was your last post on the CF650TR back in Feb this year do you still have the bike and how is it running a update would be nice if you have the time ...
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #63 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Yeah I still have the TR, she has been on some more epic rides. Most notably riding South to North through Yunnan. Many more KMs now, and she is still holding together. My only complaint is that since the CF Moto NK/TR are now sold globaly the manufacturer pays less attention to the domestic market... I have had regular services and no malfuctions. However I have heard more then a few NK's having problems, same bike basically but they seemed to be problematic...
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

4. #64 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi, Just wanna ask.. Does your TR have any bad engine vibrations?? say around the 4000-5000 rpm range. Mine vibrates like hell till I can't feel my fingertips by the time I reach my destination. My feet feels numb too.

5. #65 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Jimmy check your engine mounting bolts! That is not normal and needs attention, you could cause massive future problems for yourself if you don't check your bike.

6. #66 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Teh View Post
    Hi, Just wanna ask.. Does your TR have any bad engine vibrations?? say around the 4000-5000 rpm range. Mine vibrates like hell till I can't feel my fingertips by the time I reach my destination. My feet feels numb too.
    Hi Jimmy, As ZMC888 points out, there's generally no significant vibes felt through the 650TR bars or footpegs, unlike the CB500X I've been riding in Thailand for the last 5+ weeks. The CB500X unlike the 650TR does have a slight buzz from time to time through the RHS handlebar/hand grip, and the RHS footpeg at certain RPMs based on my experience and that of a mate who's also been riding a CB500X. Initially both my mate and I have experienced intermittent numbness in either the right hand and/or right foot. Though the majority of the time, I haven't experience these symptoms, and more lately haven't experienced these for the last 3 weeks, which might indicate I have become conditioned to the phenomena. It's something I've never experienced on any other motorcycle I've ridden including the 650TR despite the TR handlebars being set too low or too far forward for my liking.

It would be worth you or your mechanic checking tyre pressures, steering head bearings, check wheel/tyre balancing too, check that one of the handle bar weights hasn't fallen off too. If you have access to race (paddock) stands, try checking the wheel bearings for tell tale signs of failure (rumble or noise when rotated). Absolutely check those engine mounts as ZMC888 has suggested, as it could be something simple such as a bolt loosening etc.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 02-09-2014 at 02:00 AM.

7. #67 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply. I will check all of the above. However, the service center guy told me it's normal for the bike vibrations. Pretty sure he was trying to con me cos he was just lazy. I have a feeling it could be the stem bearings cos I can feel a "clunk" when I hit a bump, rock or hole. But that's for the handlebar wobble...which is another issue. Come to think of it, this bike really have lots of issues.. travelling at 80kmh, when I pull the clutch to glide, I can feel like there is bearings loose...not sure if it's the back wheel or somewhere inside the motor..Weird.

I wanna say that this has got to be the worst bike I bought..3 months old with just 5000km on it...and I don't feel safe riding it. Not sure if it's going to break down or the bike might fall apart while riding...Sigh... Very little confidence in this bike,,even less confidence on the mechanic that servicing my bike. Well, anyway, I will be sending my bike in to the service center again on monday to get it all checked out again...Last call...If it doesn't work, then I guess I will screw the warranty and fix everything myself. Can't screw up worse than a lazy mechanic...Right?

8. #68 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    jimmy, some vibration is pretty normal as is some numbness in the hands, but 'vibrating like hell' at certain revs is something else. Possibly there are a couple of things wrong with your bike, sounds as you say like head bearings, possible loose engine bolt, lost bar end weight as biker doc says or some other issues. if your mechanic can't or won't fix the bike try kicking his arse and telling him he'll be legally liable if you get hurt. if that doesn't work find a better mechanic or do it yourself if you have the skills, but get things sorted as it could be a safety issue.

Also I wouldn't be so concerned in losing confidence in the bike, a bike isn't really a thing, just a collection of parts and when all those parts work correctly your bike is OK, but you need more vigilance if you own a Chinese bike, similar to the vigilance you need if you own a 1970s to 1980s Japanese bike that hasn't been very well looked after.

9. #69 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    OK. Will take a deep breath. Fingers crossed. And hope everything will turn out fine. Seeing that the mechanic will return to work after his Chinese New Year celebrations....Hopefully he will be more committed in his work. Will post later to update on the progress.

10. #70 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sent the bike in today to the center. They didn't have the steering stem tool to loosen/ tighten the stem nut so the mechanic removed the handlebars and with a hammer & chisel proceeded to whack the hell out of the nut to tighten it. Quite sad to see the condition of the nut now. The steering on the bike is now tighter but still the handlebars are wobbling. At 80KMH. I wonder if its the forks, or the alignment, or the tires (did balancing on the tires already, did notice that the tires were uneven. a little bit.)

Will continue to try to sort out this wobbling mess..hopefully soon, so I can move on to the other issues.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast