Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Yestarday my CF Moto 650 TR arrived from the factory in Hang Zhou!!!!

IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg

After setup the bike it was a quick shot down the street to fill the tank and then a quick spin towards home!

2. #2 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Guru
    And so? :) Hoping to see a longer review after the first 1000k, for now, some quick questions.

What was your final price after freight & taxes? How difficult was it to get plates? And more importantly, how is the initial ride / power? I'm very seriously considering this bike and the Benelli. Hoping to hear some positive comments from you soon, and more pics without the plastic bags and boxes! :)

3. #3 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    And so? :) Hoping to see a longer review after the first 1000k, for now, some quick questions.

What was your final price after freight & taxes? How difficult was it to get plates? And more importantly, how is the initial ride / power? I'm very seriously considering this bike and the Benelli. Hoping to hear some positive comments from you soon, and more pics without the plastic bags and boxes! :)
    +1 We need a decent review of this bike.

4. #4 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Cfmoto uses Ducati Energia EFI and electric controls….
    http://www.ducatienergia.com/eng/prodotto.php?id=40

Not sure if that is what is used on the 650, but it is what is on the 150cc CF-150 models and also the scooters they offer.

That’s a private company not a joint venture and it has probably some of the most sophisticated products offered in china.

They are also in some way involved with Malaguti...
    http://www.malaguti.com/en-US/Home.aspx

Makes you wonder does VW AG realizes that they do not have an exclusive on the Ducati name?
    Which also raises the question…do Ducati Motorcycle use Ducati Energia controls? They may or may not and VW AG does not own that do they?

So when you see Ducati as the name on the EFI what preconception do you form?

Interesting…then consider that Ducati Energia has or does it posses more or less knowledge?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_Energia

They split into two and in that still have the right to the name?
    Last edited by MJH; 04-23-2012 at 03:54 AM.

5. #5 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Eagerly waiting for more on this bike! I guess you're first MCM owner of a CFmoto 650, be it NK or TR, so we're all pretty impatient to see how you get on. Thanks for taking the plunge, hope it goes well for you!

6. #6 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Guru
    Went by a new (to me) shop on Wuzhong lu today. They were advertising the TR @ 46800. Too much for my taste. Wondering what the version with fairings offers that makes it worth so much more.

7. #7 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus
    Went by a new (to me) shop on Wuzhong lu today. They were advertising the TR @ 46800. Too much for my taste. Wondering what the version with fairings offers that makes it worth so much more.
    That's also too close to 50,000RMB for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    Cfmoto uses Ducati Energia EFI and electric controls…. http://www.ducatienergia.com/eng/prodotto.php?id=40 Not sure if that is what is used on the 650, but it is what is on the 150cc CF-150 models and also the scooters they offer. That’s a private company not a joint venture and it has probably some of the most sophisticated products offered in china. They are also in some way involved with Malaguti... http://www.malaguti.com/en-US/Home.aspx Makes you wonder does VW AG realizes that they do not have an exclusive on the Ducati name? Which also raises the question…do Ducati Motorcycle use Ducati Energia controls? They may or may not and VW AG does not own that do they? So when you see Ducati as the name on the EFI what preconception do you form? Interesting…then consider that Ducati Energia has or does it posses more or less knowledge? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ducati_Energia They split into two and in that still have the right to the name?
    I think this is just an outsourced manufacturing company, might be owned under the Ducati Umbrella, might not be. Not so unusual is it. 220px-Bosch-brand.svg.png Bosch for example:
    Bosch's core products are automotive components (including brakes, controls, electrical drives, electronics, fuel systems, generators, starter motors and steering systems), industrial products (including drives and controls, packaging technology and solar panels) and consumer goods and building products (including household appliances, power tools, security systems and thermotechnology)
    Or Brembo 9985.png1961-2011: 50 YEARS OF HISTORY AND INNOVATION
    2011 was a major milestone for Brembo, as the company celebrated 50 years of business studded with extraordinary technological, sporting and commercial successes. On January 11 1961, Emilio Bombassei and Italo Breda founded Officine Meccaniche di Sombreno, the original progenitor of today's Brembo. Already with them was the current group president Alberto Bombassei, who was just twenty years old at the time. Marzocchi, Nissin, the list goes on......
    I think it doesn't matter who owns them, they'll supply the industry with the components they want.
    Attached Images

8. #8 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    Wondering what the version with fairings offers that makes it worth so much more.
    Yes, that's been on my mind since they released the price too. I was hoping bikerdoc would have answers, but now maybe shanghaifingers will enlighten us! What does this bike have, apart from fairings and cases, that warrants an extra 9000 kuai over the naked version?

Speaking of cases, how do they feel? Would they survive a crash or are they like the flimsy ones that come with the JH600 'adv' ?

9. #9 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Makes you wonder does VW AG realizes that they do not have an exclusive on the Ducati name?
    Which also raises the question…do Ducati Motorcycle use Ducati Energia controls? They may or may not and VW AG does not own that do they? ?
    G'Day,

Attached a pic of a Ducati Multistrada 1200S ECU, MIJ = Made in Japan by Mitsubishi Electric, did some serious mods on the Duc today and swapped out the ECU to a Ducati Corse one.
    Attached Images

10. #10 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Ducati Energia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finanziaria Generale Felsinea S.p.A, they are offering the EFI system to developing markets.

Firodia Group of Companies and Ducati Energia SpA Launches EFI Lite for Motorcycles Dec 17 10

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast