Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    Hey TB,

Was'nt me in the yellow rain coat. But i was in the rain the other day.

Hey also just fYI the TR does really well at the track ( Tian Ma) well for a sport touring bike. But other then a soft supension and perhapse wanting stiffer brakes, it was a whole lot of fun.

No chicken strips left now!

2. #32 Re: Arrival of the CF Moto 650TR 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hola, folks. My very first post...

I joined just so I could see the pics in this thread! The 650TR looks like a really interesting bike. I am unaware of any other purpose-built sport touring 650 bikes that are remotely beginner suitable (as seems to be the case from the few reviews I've been able to find on the NK).

No press has touched the TR yet, so please keep updating with impressions and pics as you can, ShanghaiFingers. Is ther any storage space under the seat?

peace: c-w
    Last edited by c_w; 07-22-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: added a question

3. #33 UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    +++UPDATE+++

So after 4100 kms driven on the TR the bike is good. I have had no MAJOR problems, but some typical minor ones.
    Parts replaced do to defect:

Clutch Cable
    Front Brake Cable
    Rear Brake Cable

( all the cables were changed by CF moto and it was CF moto that CALLED me to tell me of the problem and to come in and have them changed for different one's.)

Oil pressure sensor, it would trigger the pressure light on the dash for no reason. (it has been changed twice, without no change the light just comes on, I ignore it)

Gasket on the engine cooling unit, which leaked.

Dash assembly, the speedo went to hell and the whole unit needed replacing, now my mileage reads 00000.4

Things still waiting on:

Leftside luggage box, current one leaks when I was the bike or during heavy rain. Seems to be entering at the locking mech. (CF moto is still working on the solution)

Overall opinion:

The bike is good, really good for its money (which is not cheap when compared to some Japaness bike in the same catagory like the US NX 700 by Honda)

First domestic bike that I have ever seen that does 205 kmh.....

Its really a nice handling bike, great for the back side of Mo Gan Shan, its very nimble and the front end gives good feed back in the corners. The supension is a little like a water bed on the track (yes I know it not a track bike) However that being said it did quite well at Tian Ma racetrack bags and all... The brakes are good bordering on damn good, it stops the bike in a hurry. Even after 3 sessions at Tian Ma, the brakes never faded. I enjoy long hauls to Qian Dao Hu, Huang Shan, Anji, Mo Gan Shan as well as cruising around town... It narrow enough to still be able to filter so downtown traffic is not that big of a consern. Fuel milage is on par with Harleys and out of a single tank I will get about 250 kms.

I have not installed my radio, but I have the components ready, which are:

Jenson jhd910BT radio, which is a waterproof, handle bar mountes unit with an AUX port for the I phone and blue toooth

2 Poly-Planar Gray 3-Inch Round Flush Mount Speakers ( I will custom mount them BEHIND then speaker blanks in the fairing)

Waterproof Univeral FM/AM antenna, thing BMW RT style

I just swapped the pipes out for the slightly more agressive IXIL Silencer, after which the CF moto tech played with the mapping a bit to get the setup right after the pipe change.

IMG_1182.jpg
    New Slip On
    IMG_1183.jpg
    Old two pcs, HEAVY crap

I also added a set of fog lights for add visability:
    IMG_1194.jpg

If you are into long distance riding but want to spend less then what a BMW goes for and want better handling then what HD offer, this the CF Moto 650 TR is a great option. Having now ridden the crap out of a bike I have had for 3+ months, I am confident in saying the CF moto is a decent bike choice in China, would I buy in the US, no of course not, too many nicer prettier toys out there on the market, but for China its a good choice....
    It rides smooth, quick, reliable and comfortably.

4. #34 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    C-Moto Noob
    sound, please!

5. #35 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    ..., after which the CF moto tech played with the mapping a bit to get the setup right after the pipe change.
    Very nice update, guess you made a lot of people happy right now.
    And those replacements, although an annoyance, are pretty common on new cars and bikes. Could have been a lot worse.

I just wonder how your tech's did the above without the help of a dyno.

6. #36 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Also worth noting here, as Bikerdoc has in the past following his experiences with his big CFMoto scooter, it appears that the support you are getting from the factory is setting a new standard for development and customer input and customer satisfaction among Chinese manufacturers. This is a huge development and one that will have implications for years to come as other manufacturers either continue their "head in the sand" ways or get off their asses and compete with CFMoto to win customers. Our intrepid member futianshenzhen aka Pikey Tom is finding a similar level of support from Yingang, which of course takes the battle right to China's motorcycle jugular in Chongqing, where the slacker standard of manufacturing reigns supreme.

Shanghaifingers, can you give us a bit more detail about your interactions with the factory? Are you considered a beta rider or do you have some special status as a consultant on the debugging of the 650TR? Do you meet them here in Shanghai, or in Hangzhou? Do they come to you, or do you have to raise issues with them? Active or passive? Enthusiastic or reluctant? Do you pay for the many replacements you mentioned, or do they?

Thanks and keep it coming!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #37 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    I just swapped the pipes out for the slightly more agressive IXIL Silencer, after which the CF moto tech played with the mapping a bit to get the setup right after the pipe change.
    Did you just say your "CF Moto Tech" fine tunes the ECU mapping after swapping cans?
    Are you sure you're not riding a BMW that's branded CF Moto? Could this really be proper tech service for a China bike?

Euphonius: How are you making out with your Jialing consultancy gig? Can we see similar service in the future?

8. #38 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoKai View Post
    Euphonius: How are you making out with your Jialing consultancy gig? Can we see similar service in the future?
    I think you confuse my willingness to help Jialing dig its head out of the sand with my ability to do so. I'm not holding my breath.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #39 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    We will settle for Jialing Riders Group Ombudsman. .

10. #40 Re: UPDATE, 4100 kms later 
    Thanks for the update SF, and thank you for your honesty and unbiased reporting.

"...would I buy in the US, no of course not, too many nicer prettier toys out there on the market, but for China its a good choice...."

So it seems this is still true of pretty much any chinamoto. Still it's great to have bigger options now, when i gt into the chinamoto game 5 years ago, the qingqi 200 was the most advanced bike you could get!

Notice much difference with the new pipes, other than looks, sound and weight?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast