Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 New SKYTEAM Suzuki replicas 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I don't know wether SKYTEAM Motorcycles are known in the US. They do have them in Canada, though.(http://www.skyteamcanada.com/)

Skyteam was formed by a group of engineers that broke away from Jincheng and used Jincheng engines and components from other suppliers to create more Monkey and ST70 replicas. Nowadays they use LIFAN engines.

Well, they've just released versions of the Suzuki Van Van, a sort of street dual sport thing with low slung chassis and fat tyres. They will be available in 125 and 250 forms and have the counter-balanced LIFAN engine in them.

True to form, the Chinese have not only ripped-off someone else's design, but also the name given to that bike : V-Raptor which belongs to the Italian maker CAGIVA...are they incapable of original thought?.

I think they're most attractive bikes, specially for the shorter riders among us. I've always fancied the Suzuki version but would'nt buy it in 125 form. Now if Skyteam brings a 250 cc version I might consider one...

Last edited by forchetto; 10-25-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY