Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hi living in Shanghai need help finding a nice ride 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everyone
    I have been living in shanghai for nearly a year and I really think its time to get myself a ride. I have had chinese dirt bikes in Australia and found them to be both bullet proof and cheap to repair so im so onboard for getting a motard. I have been looking at 250cc varieties like the qingqi or the galaxy however I have no idea where to look for them, get them registered, or how to get my Australian bike licience changed over. I think that this site will be the first step to unlimited awesomeness.

2. #2 Re: Hi living in Shanghai need help finding a nice ride 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi Streetpete,
    plenty of threads on how to get your Shanghai license on this site. Here's the one I used. Make note that the licensing office moved summer before last to Hami lu, the rest of the info is good. You'll start off getting your Australian license translated at one of the official translating offices. From there it's a brief physical and a written exam.

For bikes, I saw many Galaxy XTR 250's on Wuzhong lu yesterday. I know at least one member who quite enjoyed his while he had it. There are 2 shops on the south side of the street, close to Qixin lu. ChinaV claimed they were going for 12800 in November which seems pretty fair.

3. #3 Re: Hi living in Shanghai need help finding a nice ride 
    The shops on QiXin lu and Wu Zhong lu are great places, Jeff the owner (owns both) has a lot of cool stuff in stock and ready to ride. Galaxy makes some cool rides and the 250 XTR also comes in a ADV model which he also has instock. I just recieved my CF Moto TR from him, Jeff is great and an honest nice guy and aplease to buy from.

If you realy need help the people at CJ Sidecar on Hami Rd and Kele rd, offer drivers license assitance... tell them Winston sent you!

Winston