Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear MJH,

Do you have pictures of the Jialing 250 (223)? I'm a bit confused about this. Is it an OEM bike, or Jialing branded?

thanks
    Hi there, been to a dealer at Xiaojiahe (肖家河) yesterday and seen the JH250GY-5 there. It is actually labelled JH150GY-5 (an attempt to fool inspectors at the vehicle inspetion bureau?)

Pics: k-20121027_112138.jpgk-20121027_112056.jpgk-20121027_112105.jpgk-20121027_112114.jpgk-20121027_112127.jpg

I had a short testride (maybe 1km) and I was quite impressed:
    6 gear transmission
    digital rev, gear and fuel indicator
    more sophisticated rear shock (compared to the JH150GY-3) even though the rear felt harder than on my old Jialing
    contoured and more comfortable seat
    very quiet and smooth engine

I asked them many times if it is carburetted or EFI and they insisted that it has a carburettor. From all I could see (and know) it seems like it has a carburettor because I could not see the typical injection valve or wires. But the carb seems much more complicated than on my old bike. The bike lacks a kickstarter (even though the Jialing website states it comes with electric and kick-start) and a choke.

The bike in general feels even more nimble and agile than the JH150GY-3. The handle bar is very low (raisers will be in order). It has slightly less ground clearance and still lacks a skid plate. It has much more torque and a slightly (2,5l) bigger tank (but considering the higher displacement, reach might be just the same).

They told me the bike would be 13600,- without registration or insurance.

It looks disgusting in pale blue but interesting in orange/yellow.

I immediately fell in love with it but I am still confused about the EFI/carburetter issue. Also, it is a new model and there is no information about the bike on motorfans. So I rather wait until spring before I make a final decision...
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

2. #32 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    So the dealer will offers fake registration? Unless the stamping on the engine and frame match it is not something I would buy into.

Images of the bike from CIMA 2011

Here is thread that attempts to explain the CBi engines and induction.

3. #33 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Here is the translation, from that thread, I did not edit it so it requires some interpretation.

A total of 300,500,700,900 four grades. Among them, CBi700 with 223cc, EFI, 18-pole motor, is expected to carry the the Jialing new wing Xia recent market.

About CBi: CBi explains the three definitions (i, i, injection, intelligent) performance reflects the role of driving experience, perfect -

① i - I, motorized vehicles and one car moving with me, the car move your feet, stressed engine response, emphasis on user experience, with emphasis in power, sound, vibration, shift characteristics;

② injection - injection, understanding for EFI;

③ intelligent - smart, intelligent engine.

The CBi latest power platform for the the Jialing upcoming layout in the core product, covers the ladder line CBi 300-CBi 900, shows the the Jialing products rich -

CBi 300: carburetor basic, cf Honda the OTR;

CBi 500: carburetor high with type, such as balance shafts, VVC;

CBi 700: EFI type, or AMT basic type;

CBi 900: EFI + CAN bus or AMT type electronic technology;

CBi is the fourth generation of the engine with the latest Jialing, has a number of high-end technology of the motorcycle engine, technically has a "high-energy ignition system the crankshaft eccentric technology", "six transmission shifting," piston to force back the cold , ultra-lightweight technology, duct cooling of the cylinder head, the external file display system, 18-pole magnetic motor power supply system and built-in mute balance shaft system lead

Other related threads 有望搭载嘉陵的新翼侠于近期面市

4. #34 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 

5. #35 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    The even bigger teaser is the sport bike version JH200-8, also still in the wings.

6. #36 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    This is getting downright silly. First they labeled this bike a 250cc, though noting it displaces only 223cc, and now it's a 200cc -- JH200GY-5A.

It sure seems to be the same bike that Fahni saw, rode and posted about earlier in this thread, back in October.

WTF?
    Last edited by euphonius; 01-25-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #37 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    JH200-8, I like the blue and white graphics on this model.
    It also has the 700i engine, which is 223cc.

The above hyperlink is in Chinese, however it translates to English reasonably well. It offers some insight as to the direction Jialing is going, they are eliminating part counts by modularization.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.

8. #38 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    They can also go vertical, these are horizontal lines. That being they share the 700i engine.
    Then a vertical model line would share the same parts but have different engines.

I would like to work on a standard that would be an addition to the GY and Sport bike in a 700i model line.

This is a CB223 Honda.

It could be in the horizontal line with the 700i engine and also in a vertical line with smaller displacement engines. That would offer the greatest economy of scale, that sharing of common parts does that and is referred to as modulariztion.

In manufacturing, ideally we reduce part counts while increasing the number of models. If done correctly and creatively the results offer more options to more customers.

Then we also enjoy homologation, that being able to manufacture a single model or even an entire line of models that meet all standards in all markets. They are pursuing that as well, they are pursuing high quality and also flexible fuel and clean running.

Another matter the Chinese can consider is that of after market custom parts, they can make these and sell them to separate distributors, the cottage taobao businesses could be supported through such endeavors. .However Jialing really needs to stop selling online and only offer their models and standard parts through a formally managed and corporate trained retail dealer network. Those dealers need to be linked relationally through a centralized software driven data driven managed warehouse. The key to that is coding and understanding relational databases.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.

9. #39 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Why can't they just bore it out to 249?

10. #40 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    There are big bore and other performance parts for the actual Honda engine, but we both know they are not they same engines but they may be interchangeable, they could go back and start making the RFVC 250 but that would be risky for them.

They have to learn to walk and walk straight before they can increase the gait. Seriously they need to get organized in the value chain.

Boring out can bring about heat dispensation problems....those that do modification know they stress the engines out, but they also love to work on them then they have to meet emissions, we all live in the world we live in and not the one we wish for...right?

I am trying to determine if I am influencing or just forecasting...or maybe both or maybe neither...dunno.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast